Sheriff's Record Specialist - Judicial Enforcement Civil Section
Company: Maricopa County
Posted on: February 12, 2024
Posting Date02/01/24Application Deadline02/15/24Pay RangeHiring
Min - 1st Quartile - Mid
$19.15 - $21.24 - $23.33
Min - Max
$19.15 - $27.50Job TypeUnclassifiedDepartmentSheriffAbout the
PositionThe Sheriff's Record Specialist assigned to the Civil
Process Section, provides judicial administrative support. This
role plays an integral part in providing compliance support for the
MCSO, which is mandated by the Constitution, Arizona Revised
Statutes, Federal Statutes, and other local ordinances. This
position specializes in the review and processing of court
documents requiring official notice or process service by law
enforcement, with the additional responsibility of reviewing and
managing complex court actions such as, writs or enforcement orders
requiring a deputy to sell, deliver, or take into the deputy's
custody, persons, or any property as ordered by a judicial officer.
The ideal candidate has a sharp eye for detail, the ability to
multitask efficiently, and communicate clearly and effectively with
the public, attorneys, and court officials.About the Maricopa
County Sheriff's Office:Do you possess integrity, strong
interpersonal skills, and do you have a desire to serve your
community? The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office (MCSO) invites you
to become part of Arizona's leading law enforcement agency. We are
seeking passionate individuals to join our team with a variety of
openings for Civilian, Detention and Sworn personnel. We come
together as a team to support and provide public safety. We are
OneMCSO - become one with us!POSITION QUALIFICATIONSWe recognize
your time is valuable, so please apply if you meet the following
- High School Diploma or GEDExperience
- Two (2) years of experience performing office or administrative
duties.ORCombined education and experience qualifications
- Post-secondary education may substitute for the required
experience on a year-for-year basis.Other Requirements Training
with the exception of Arizona driver's license to be provided
- AZPOINT- Arizona Protective Order Initiation and Notification
- iCIS- Integrated Court Information System
- FEMA NIMS - IS100 AND 700
- OSHA training
- payroll training
- PREA training
- A valid Arizona driver's license
- Within six (6) months of employment or assignment must train,
functionally test and affirm the proficiency of terminal operations
to assure compliance with Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
CJIS policy and regulations, and successfully retest every two (2)
- In order to be considered for employment with the Maricopa
County Sheriff's Office, successful candidates must not have a
revoked or suspended driver's license.
- Prior to hiring, the Sheriff's Office requires that all
candidates pass an extensive background review.
- Ability to type at least 35 words per minute as a condition of
employment. Typing certificates obtained or available on the
Internet are not acceptable for verification of typing speed.Our
Preferred Candidate has
- Two (2) years of responsible full-time legal, court, or justice
system support related experienceESSENTIAL JOB TASKSThe tasks
listed are a representation and not an all-inclusive list of
essential job tasks for this position.
- Conducts research and maintains an extensive working knowledge
of Arizona Revised Statutes, Arizona Rules of Civil, Criminal,
Order of Protection, and Family Court Procedures, and Arizona
Superior Court procedures.
- Receive, review, and interpret complex legal documents for
process service as mandated by Arizona Revised Statutes and Arizona
Constitution such as civil, family, criminal, and probate court
- Review documents procedurally for accuracy, ensuring they are
properly and completely filled out and/or attached per Rules of
Civil and Criminal Procedure.
- Provide notification and prepare legal documents for submission
to various government entities.
- Date and time stamp all incoming documents.
- Enters, reviews, and retrieves court case information in the
- List each function performed, all fees charged, and all
disbursements in the CivilServe database.
- Access and review Maricopa County Superior Court database for
court case information.
- Creates and maintains case files for deputy worksheets and sale
- Process check, cash, and credit transactions, using a register
and/or point-of-sale (POS) machine, and issues receipts.
- Assist the public at the counter or via a rotating phoneline,
answering various questions from simple to complex in nature.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of modern business office
practices, statutory requirements, legal terms, and Office
- Maintain proficiency in standard office machines and is a
responsible user of assigned equipment.
- Assist with any assignment in the Division in case of need,
emergency, or vacancy.
- Ensure compliance with all MCSO policies.
- Communicate clearly with the public, law firms, courts, other
law enforcement agencies, and other involved parties.
- Demonstrate the ability to organize and prioritize job
assignments and work independently.Working conditions:Work occurs
primarily in an indoor office environment. Tasks require manual
dexterity of hands and body to operate office equipment as well as
managing frequent interruptions, time pressures, and high work
volumes. Job includes team-oriented activities and interaction with
all levels of County management and personnel as well as the
public. Responsibilities require concentration, accuracy, ethical
conduct and a professional demeanor.The following environments
described are only representative of how the essential job tasks
are currently performed or envisioned. As such, in order to
accommodate a disability or limitation, the essential job tasks may
be performed in ways other than described on these pages.Work
- Rarely outdoors or in temperatures above 90 degrees or below 40
- Frequently in confined areas
- Conditions may frequently include high noise levels and/or
- Exposure rarely to chemicals/fumes, smoke/dust, and/or wet/damp
- Conditions may occasionally include stairs or ladders,
unprotected heights, and/or dim lightingPhysical Environment:
- Sitting, standing walking
- Driving a vehicle
- Speaking, hearing, seeing, reading
- Bending, kneeling, reaching twisting
- Crouching, balancing
- Lifting floor to waist twenty (20) pounds
- Lifting waist to shoulder of twenty (20) pounds
- Lifting shoulder to overhead of twenty (20) pounds
- Carrying a weight of twenty (20) pounds for a distance of 10
- Pushing/pulling a weight of twenty (20) pounds for a distance
of 10 feetSocial Environment:
- Frequent interruptions and time pressures
- Handling high volumes of work
- Handling multiple or complicated tasks, frequently changing
tasks, and/or unscheduled tasks
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Concentration / vigilance
- Decision making with guidance
- Working in a team environment and frequently in close proximity
- Often working in isolation
- Frequent public contact
- May occasionally require overtime/rotating shifts
- Conditions may rarely include emergencies, traumatic subject
matter, and/or dangerous environmentKnowledge, skills, and
- General office practices and procedures
- Microsoft Office Suite applicationsSkill in:
- Operating standard office equipment.
- Communicating verbally and in written format as appropriate for
the needs of the audience.Ability to:
- Exercise sound judgment and supply accurate information from
files and records.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Type a minimum of 35 words per minute.Selection Procedure
- Only the most qualified candidates will be considered
- Consideration will only be given to candidates who submit
- Candidates will be contacted primarily through email and their
Workday online application profile
- Must pass a pre-employment background and/or fingerprint
investigation as required by statute or policy, including drug and
alcohol testing requirements for positions designated as
safety-sensitiveMaricopa County is an equal opportunity
Keywords: Maricopa County, Phoenix , Sheriff's Record Specialist - Judicial Enforcement Civil Section, Government & Protective Services , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!