Category Management Liaison, Vice President
Company: Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG) the world's 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
Works with Capability/Category Owners to leverage current and future business requirements, market intelligence, and historical spend information to develop innovative category strategies that drive cost reduction, a simplified supply base and enable business value. Assists in Implementation of category strategies with Strategic Sourcing, Capability/Category Owners to properly account for demand management and identified savings initiatives. May leads cross functional teams to execute and comply with category strategies (i.e. Savings Targets, Buy Channel compliance, Preferred Vendor compliance, Spend compliance). Supports the Capability/Category owner as the global category expert for the enterprise by providing commodity research to internal clients on industry trends, benchmarking, and best practices. Builds and maintains collaborative relationships with key stakeholders (sourcing, line of business process owners, Third Party Managers, Vendors, Market Experts, Regional Liaisons) in order to drive results while ensuring strategies remain in alignment with business goals.
Category Management is a key strategic component of the procurement function that provides global oversight for end-to-end procurement activities by developing global category strategies to support business objectives and by managing category procurement objectives and performance. Category Management assures that procurement initiatives support business objectives and drive efficiencies by maximizing value, improving quality, minimizing cost and mitigating risk.
The Category Manager Liaison is responsible and accountability for working with Capability/Category Owners to document and develop a strategy which will manage spend across a global organization. This role will be exclusive to the development of our initial category strategies covering Thirteen Primary Capabilities with-in the firm and, as a Category Manager Liaison, you will be responsible for assisting the Capability/Category Owner with developing monitoring plans, maintenance and implementation as well as support of the implemented strategy on an ongoing basis. In co-operation with the Capability Owner, the Category Manager Liaison will act as change agent and advocate for procurement as a value added function. This role will have the following responsibilities:
- Assist in the construction of a short and long term category strategy that aligns to overall Lines of Business' strategy with input from key stakeholders (Line of Business, Compliance, Risk, Strategic Sourcing, Third Party Management)
- Work with the Capability/Category Manager to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with stakeholders to ensure strategy alignment to business needs over time and that the supplier base is capable of supporting the strategy
- Ensure deployment of category strategy implementation activities to deliver the expected business value through collaboration with key business partners
- Provide category specific subject matter expertise and insights to internal clients and regular status updates of all projects to leadership
- Work with internal risk and compliance groups to ensure category strategies account for relevant laws, regulations, and BAC risk policies
- Assist in implementation of category strategies by supporting sourcing activities and assisting in demand initiatives.
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with Sourcing Teams, Line of Business Leaders, and key stakeholders. Share ownership and accountability for driving and delivering results through agreed upon strategies.
- Assist in developing and driving communication and reporting to keep internal clients informed of progress and benefits
- Maintain expertise in the spend category through relationships with sourcing teams, product teams, capability owners, business units, suppliers, market experts, and global/regional liaisons. Know and apply value chain, value of money and value stream concepts
- Work with Capability/Category Owner to establish category metrics and savings targets, monitor performance, and communicate these to stakeholders and the creation of a category specific initiative pipeline that will forecast and direct procurement projects and sourcing activities
- Bachelor's Degree
- MBA or advanced degree in related discipline preferred
- 5-7 years of category procurement experience, designing and implementing successful Category/Sub -- category strategies for Fortune 500 Company, preferably in the financial services sector
- Track record of leading large, complex, category management activities at enterprise level, including multi-geographic programs. Ability and experience coaching in Category Management leading practices
- Innovative Thinking: Proven ability to connect ideas, events, and circumstances to find category management solutions to business problems or goals
- Skilled in change adoption, change management and resource assessment
- Ability to work independently. Energetic and self-motivated
- Experience influencing others to voluntarily adopt Category Management practices
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Strong oral and written communication
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Power Point, Microsoft Project and Excel
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Keywords: Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Phoenix , Category Management Liaison, Vice President, Executive , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!