Third-Party Risk Manager
Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: February 12, 2024
Job Title:Third-Party Risk ManagerLocation:CityScapeWhat you'll
do:Western Alliance Bank Corporation is currently seeking an
experienced Third-Party Risk Manager to join our Third-Party risk
management team in the second line of defense (TPRM). The
successful candidate will play a critical role in enhancing and
executing the bank's third-party risk management framework in
accordance with industry best practices and regulatory requirements
set forth by the Federal Reserve Board (FRB), the Office of the
Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), and the Federal Deposit
Insurance Corporation (FDIC).What we are looking for:
- Develop, maintain, and oversee a comprehensive TPRM program
that aligns with the bank's enterprise risk appetite and regulatory
- Develop and maintain a TPRM framework, function, and practices
that comply with relevant laws, regulations, and the Interagency
Guidance on Third-Party Relationships: Risk Management guidance,
including OCC Bulletin 2013-29, OCC Bulletin 2020-10, FDIC
guidance, and FRB expectations.
- Perform Targeted Assessments of first line functions, to derive
process effectiveness conclusions of first line functions,
leveraging industry frameworks, regulatory guidance and industry
- Perform Data Analysis and analytical reviews of first line
processes for risk identification and risk treatment
recommendations. Analyze and develop Key Risk Indicators for both
first line and second line risk.
- Keep apprised of emerging risks, regulatory changes, and
industry best practices related to third-party risk
- Implement a robust third-party risk assessment process with a
scope that emphases the stages of the Third-Party Relationship Risk
Management Life Cycle (due diligence and third-party selection,
contract negotiation, ongoing monitoring, termination, and
- Collaborate with First-Line-of-Defense business units (BUs) to
identify, manage, and mitigate risks associated with third-party
engagements. Additionally, collaborate with BUs and enterprise risk
management (ERM) functions to execute credible challenge based on
the ERM framework, policy, and enterprise programs.
- Partner with key stakeholders to implement tools and automation
that support effective management and oversight of third-party risk
and mature processes to scale the program.
- Foster a strong control environment by promoting through
credible challenge the placement of appropriate contractual
protections such as service level agreements (SLAs), Recovery Time
Objectives (RTOs), indemnities, and insurance requirements.
- Provide subject-matter expertise on third-party risk management
practices to BUs and senior management.
- Conduct regular reporting to senior management and appropriate
committees on the status of third-party risks, the effectiveness of
the control environment, the results of risk assessments, and any
changes on the regulatory and third-party environment including the
detection of emerging risks.
- Support ERM Regulatory Relations as a subject-matter-expert of
the bank's TPRM practices, as needed, whenever there are internal
and external audits, as well as federal regulatory
- Lead educational and awareness initiatives to promote a culture
of strong third-party risk management across the organization.
- Contribute to various enterprise risk management initiatives,
produce high quality deliverables including procedure documents,
reports, and presentations for all levels of management.
- Collaborate across work streams and support cross-functions for
ERM/ORM/TPRM program enhancements.
- Lead and develop a team; responsible for hiring, coaching,
performance management, training, and development.
- May require travel up to 25% of the time.Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Risk
Management, or a related field is required. An advanced degree or
relevant certifications (e.g., CRVPM, CTPRP, CISSP) are a
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in third-party risk management
or a related risk management function in the second line of defense
within the financial services industry.
- Minimum of 3 years of successful and direct people management
- Demonstrated understanding of the regulatory landscape
governing third-party relationships, including FRB requirement,
OCC, and FDIC.
- Proven ability to evaluate complex engagements, contracts, and
third-party risk profiles for risk implications and nuances.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability
to assess levels of risk and make decisions accordingly.
- Advanced communication, interpersonal, and conflict resolution
skills; visionary leadership, imagination, creativity, insight, and
- High level of speaking and writing skills (ex: executive,
- Ability and desire to learn continuously and adapt in a
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects
simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Advance ability with Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft
- Experience with GRC tools such as SIA software or any other GRC
tool or software.
- Relevant industry and professional experience across two or
more of the three lines of defense is a plus.Benefits you'll
love:We offer all the important things you'd want - like
competitive salaries, an ownership stake in the company, medical
and dental insurance, time off, a great 401k matching program,
tuition assistance program, an employee volunteer program, and a
wellness program. In addition, you'll have the opportunity to
bolster your business knowledge, learning the ins and outs of how
successful companies operate and manage their finances, giving you
invaluable hands-on experience to help grow your career!About the
company:Western Alliance Bank is a wholly owned subsidiary of
Western Alliance Bancorporation. Alliance Bank of Arizona, Alliance
Association Bank, Bank of Nevada, Bridge Bank, First Independent
Bank, and Torrey Pines Bank are divisions of Western Alliance Bank;
Member FDIC. AmeriHome Mortgage is a Western Alliance Bank
company.Western Alliance Bancorporation is committed to equal
employment and will consider all qualified applicants without
regard to race, sex, color, religion, age, nation origin, marital
status, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or genetic information. Western Alliance
Bancorporation is committed to working with and providing
reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. If you
are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable
accommodation to complete any part of the application process
and/or need an alternative method of applying, please email
HR@westernalliancebank.com or call 602-386-2488. When contacting
us, please provide your contact information and state the nature of
your accessibility issue. We will only respond to inquiries
concerning requests that involve a reasonable accommodation in the
application process.-- Western Alliance Bancorporation
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Phoenix , Third-Party Risk Manager, Executive , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!