Director, Claims Operations
Posted on: February 12, 2024
Why USAA?Let's do something that really matters.
At USAA, we have an important mission: facilitating the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
Not all of our employees served in our nation's military, but we
all share in the mission to give back to those who did. We're
working as one to build a great experience and make a real impact
for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and
service. They're what guides everything we do - from how we treat
our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what
makes us so special!The OpportunityThe -Director role will be
focused on leading multiple teams in our new Claims Contact Center
. The Director role will be instrumental in supporting the build
out - of a new contact center operation for P&C ClaimManages
and is accountable for auto, property, and other claims operations
member service teams who are responsible for delivering business
results. Responsible for leading execution change management,
claims strategies, leader development and technology adoption.
Drives execution of operational risk management, regulatory
compliance training, policies and procedures across multiple
teams.We offer a flexible work environment that requires an
individual to be in the office 4 days per week in our Phoenix, AZ
office. - -Relocation assistance is not available for this
position.What you'll do:
- Selects, develops, leads and holds managers accountable for
serving members and providing appropriate solutions in auto,
property and other claims operations through their teams.
- Consistently coaches managers on leading their teams on claims
handling, inspecting and reviewing quality of claims and responding
- Responsible for achievement of assigned goals, objectives and
- Plans, organizes, and controls the resources to deliver the
appropriate claims service.
- Accountable for ensuring compliance with regulations, policies,
procedures, and the fair claims settlement practices act.
- Provides guidance on technical matters, monitors claims
reserves and extends settlement authority.
- Responsible for service, loss control, and loss adjustment
- Identifies trends and develops action plans as
- Understands, researches, and works to influence the financial
impact for their respective business area.
- Inspires a high performance team that works to deliver
exceptional experiences to the members and achieve exceptional
- Creates conditions for success removes obstacles, leads and
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled in
accordance with risk and compliance policies and procedures.What
- Bachelor's degree; OR 4 years of related experience (in
addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be
substituted in lieu of degree.
- 8 years of progressive customer service, operational, military
or leadership experience to include a minimum 6 years of P&C
experience with 4 of those years in claims required with
- 3 years of direct team lead or management experience.
- Demonstrated team leadership, cross-functional collaboration,
building business solutions, and/or claims accountabilities.
- Experience using, interpreting, solutioning and leading with
data.What sets you apart:
- Current or prior contact center experience to include
familiarity with real time management principles and tools.
- 2+ years experience in handling and interpreting Property
- Passionate about developing and training employees to deliver
world-class service and quality
- 2 years experience managing teams in an inbound contact center
- Experience driving results through performance
- Working knowledge of contact center technologies and
applications (NICE WFM, NICE Engage, Gridspace, etc.)
- US military experience through military service or a military
spouse/domestic partnerThe above description reflects the details
considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job
and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the
work requirements that may be performed in the job.What we
offer:Compensation: USAA has an effective process for assessing
market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market data of the position. The actual salary for
this role may vary by location. The salary range for this position
is: $138,230 - $264,200.Employees may be eligible for pay
incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance
and at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.Benefits: At
USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their
physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals.For more details on our outstanding benefits, please visit
our benefits page on USAAjobs.com.Applications for this position
are accepted on an ongoing basis, this posting will remain open
until the position is filled. Thus, interested candidates are
encouraged to apply the same day they view this posting. -USAA is
an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: USAA, Phoenix , Director, Claims Operations, Executive , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!