Clinical Program Manager -Gender Affirming Care
Company: Southwest Center for HIV AIDS INC
Posted on: February 12, 2024
Description:The Clinical Program Manager (Gender Affirming Care)
will coordinate all activities with the integrated care model that
ensures the delivery of equitable gender-affirming care within our
organization. This position will create systems and processes that
will decrease barriers to care for gender nonconforming /
transgender individuals, with an emphasis to increase awareness of
sexual health and personal wellness through educational training
and social engagement efforts. Additionally, this role will require
professional experience in either a medical, social work, or
educational setting, while the position facilitates the success of
the individuals in our gender-expansive housing project, guiding
them through individualized personal and workforce development. The
Clinical Program Manager (Gender Affirming Care) supports the
Southwest Center mission of providing affirming and inclusive
services to promote well-being and advance health equity for
diverse communities and all those seeking compassionate care -
especially people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ and Queer individuals, and
those affected by HIV.Transgender, Gender Expansive, or Gender
Non-Conforming individuals, and those with lived experience are
highly encouraged to apply. What your day will look like at
- Employ a high level of cultural competency of the unique needs
of transgender and gender-expansive individuals and communities, as
well as the broader LGBTQIA2S+ community.
- Evolve and implement the gender affirming model of care to
ensure that all staff members are equipped to provide consistent
and impactful services, as well as proper resources that meet the
needs of the gender expansive community.
- Serve in a consulting role to work closely with
interdisciplinary teams to provide comprehensive and inclusive
gender-affirming care, using data from feedback and live audits
that lead to additional coaching and education to ensure
departments are maintaining a culture of service excellence.
- Be directly involved in guiding clients who have experienced
housing insecurity and need transitional housing, collaborating
with clients to identify their specific needs, strengths, and
- Recognize the interconnected nature of housing, employment, and
health, and provide holistic support to address the individuals'
comprehensive needs, performing regular check-ins, office hours,
and weekly staffing meetings at the offsite housing facility.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records, documenting
milestones, setbacks, and strategies employed in the journey
- Design, implement, and partner with others on personalized
workforce development plans and financial independence to empower
clients in gaining sustainable employment and housing, connecting
individuals with relevant programs, workshops, and resources to
enhance their skill sets.
- Provide ongoing support during the job search process,
including resume building, interview preparation, and submitting
- Maintain a Notary Public credential to notarize legal documents
necessary for gender-affirming care.
- Guide clients through making legal name and gender marker
- Participate in the internal Information and Education committee
to ensure that marketing materials are appropriate and meet the
language and needs of the communities we serve.
- Be responsible for collecting and documenting data required for
productivity reports as outlined with the Wellness Leadership
- Engage and empower HIV-positive and at-risk HIV-negative gender
non-conforming individuals by facilitating discussion groups,
activities, and educational opportunities.
- Develop and manage a resource guide and linkage to care
initiative that surrounds the needs of gender-expansive individuals
that may include affirming surgery, aftercare / electrolysis /
voice therapy, local and social support services, and potential
grants and scholarships that benefit the unique needs of
- Build and coach on curriculum that emphasizes elements of
gender-expansive care to include materials on gender identity,
cultural reactivity, and reducing barriers to care for transgender
- Stay informed, engaged, and current with emerging research,
trends, and best practices in the field of gender identity and
healthcare. We've got great benefits:
- 200 hours of PTO per year
- Up to 13 paid holidays per year
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance paid by Southwest
- YMCA Gym and Programs Discount
- Retirement savingsRequirements: Who we're looking for:
- You've earned a Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Human
Services or other closely related field. Specific experience
serving the gender-expansive community and program development may
be considered as a substitution for degree.
- You have 2+ years' work experience in community health,
community education, social work, or human services.
- You have demonstrated cultural competency to professionally and
respectfully serve the LGBTQIA2S+ communities.
- You have a sound understanding of gender identity, gender
expression, gender presentation, sex, and sexual orientation etc.
This includes a strong grasp of local and national resources
(medical, mental health, social etc.) for those that are
transgender or gender non-conforming.
- You're proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook,
PowerPoint) software applications and competent in using electronic
medical records and information systems in providing effective
documentation of patient care. Full understanding of HIPAA and
protecting patient confidentiality.
- You have an understanding of basic medical terminology.
- You're a highly organized self-starter with excellent
problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task effectively and is
willing to learn.
- You have demonstrated excellent written and verbal
- You possess a valid driver's license, insurable driving record,
and access to a reliable personal vehicle for work-related
- You have the ability to work in fast paced environment with
changing deadlines and priorities while maintaining a positive
- All agency employees must be able to work effectively in a
mission-driven agency whose clients and staff exhibit significant
diversity with respect to race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity,
sexual orientation, socio-economic status, nationality, and
religion. We'd love to see you apply if you have these preferred
- You have personal or professional experience with members of
the transgender and/or non-binary community, as well as all
components of the LGBTQIA2S+ community.
- You've earned a Master's degree in Social Work, Human Services,
or other closely related field.
- You have electronic Medical Record experience.
- You're bilingual in Spanish and English.Environmental Factors,
Physical Requirements, and Compliance
- Work primarily in a climate-controlled environment with minimal
safety/health hazard potential.
- Complete a minimum of four office hours each week at the
Housing Facility located in Central Phoenix, where a private
workspace is provided.
- Office environment, exposure to computer screens for lengthy
periods of time.
- This is an exempt position that may require evening and
occasional weekend work.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to walk, sit, stand; use hands, talk, and hear.
The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Currently have, or be able to obtain within 90 days of
employment, a valid Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Currently have, or are able to obtain within 7 days of
employment, a clear TB test.
- Currently have, or are able to obtain within 7 days of
employment, a current flu vaccination.
- Currently have, or are able to initiate within 7 days of
employment, a Hepatitis-B primary vaccination series.
- Currently have, or are able to obtain within 14 days of
employment, a CPR certification.Equal Employment Opportunity The
Southwest Center is an equal opportunity employer and we value a
healthy work environment free from harassment and discrimination
based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic
information. The Southwest Center provides an inclusive and
respectful working environment that represents a wide range of
backgrounds, cultures, identities, and experiences. We attract
applicants who have the cultural awareness to navigate and
celebrate these differences. Our employees are Individuals who have
respect for the communities where they live and work and are
committed to utilizing culturally and linguistically appropriate
strategies and skills in a collaborative environment.We welcome all
applicants with personal, direct and/or indirect knowledge of the
lives and experience with but not limited to: Black, Indigenous,
and People of Color (BIPOC); LGBTQIA2S+/Queer individuals; those
affected by HIV, people living with disabilities; people with
diverse religious beliefs, and other marginalized Individuals that
are at the intersections of those identities/experiences. We also
encourage those from historically underrepresented backgrounds to
apply.Reasonable Accommodations Applicants requesting a reasonable
accommodation to apply or participate in the interview process for
this position should email email@example.com.Compensation details:
60000-70000 Yearly SalaryPIa1351b42aebf-31181-33773324
Keywords: Southwest Center for HIV AIDS INC, Phoenix , Clinical Program Manager -Gender Affirming Care, Executive , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!