Regional EHS Manager
Posted on: November 19, 2023
In this role, the Environment, Health and Safety Manager will
lead, plan, and manage programs for Labcorp to assure safe,
compliant, and reliable operations. The EHS Leader plays a key role
and works directly with each locations leadership teams. He/She
must have a strong ability to influence employees, set direction
and vision, and provide support to all levels within the
- Depending on and complexity of a location EHS Manager may
manage employees, consultants, and contractors.Accountabilities
(Essential Job Duties):
- Oversees EHS operations for 1 or more Labcorp locations that
may include Laboratories, Patient Service Centers, In Office
Phlebotomists, Branches, or Stat labs within a business unit within
an assigned region.
- Manage and administer environmental, health, and safety
programs to meet regulatory requirements, corporate initiatives,
and company objectives.
- Implement strategies to effectively assess and prevent
applicable EHS related risks (waste management, fire protection,
infectious disease, etc.).
- Acts as the technical lead for all aspects of industrial
hygiene, biosafety, laboratory safety, occupational health,
chemical management, and waste management.
- Ensures that sites have accurately characterized waste streams
and are managing programs in a safe responsible and compliant
- Partner with site management to ensure applicable EHS related
goals (accident rates, training participation, etc.) and regulatory
requirements (assessments, plans, training, etc.) are
- May lead EHS Committee and Team activities, such as department
safety teams, emergency response team, etc.
- Manages incident investigations and report EHS-related
(injuries/illnesses, environmental metrics, risk assessments, EHS
action items) information into the Company s EHS management
- Ensure medical care is provided to work related injuries and
illnesses and manage worker s compensation cases, where
- Respond to site EHS related emergency situations, including
fires, explosions, chemical release, medical, etc.
- Develop, implement, maintain, and deliver (as necessary) an
effective and compliant EHS training program.
- Monitor EHS related regulatory developments and determine
applicability to the site.
- Initiate, establish and cultivate mutually beneficial
relationships with internal and external clients by communicating
and influencing effectively at multiple levels of the organization
to achieve results.
- Act as the liaison between Labcorp and regulatory authorities
during site inspections.
- Partner with Facilities, and other groups to ensure site
construction/renovation activities incorporate EHS related
- Work with contracted insurance agencies to continually improve
EHS programs via hosting inspections and implementing
- Conduct routine site audits and reviews to identify systemic
EHS management gaps, develop corrective measures and implement
solutions to sustain compliance with regulatory and LabCorp
requirements. Ensure the timely correction of findings.
- Participate in corporate lead EHS projects.
- May function as a member or leader of Corporate EHS audit
- Assist in Client, and regulatory inspections as requested.
Performs other related duties as assigned.Required:
- Bachelor s Degree in science or technical fieldPreferred
Experience and Skills:
- 3 years minimum of applied professional EHS work
- EHS experience in a laboratory setting or demonstrated
expertise in industrial hygiene, biosafety, chemical and waste
- A professional certification such as Certified Industrial
Hygienist or Certified Safety Professional.
- 3 years minimum experience of leading people or managing
- Experience in providing EHS leadership to multiple locations
within the USALabcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer:As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and
inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or
discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on
the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual
and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national
origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical
conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union
or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender
identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran
status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally
protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.For more
information about how we collect and store your personal data,
please see our Privacy Statement. Associated topics: account,
adimnistrative, administrative and operational support,
administrative assistant, administrative support, attendant,
management, manager, operation, payroll
Keywords: Labcorp, Phoenix , Regional EHS Manager, Executive , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!