Company: RED Development
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Corporate Office Phoenix (AZ) - Phoenix, AZ
RED DEVELOPMENT, LLC
Job Title: Director of Construction
Reports To: Senior Vice President of Construction
- RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The Director of Construction will be responsible for the
supervision and oversight of multiple complex mixed-use commercial
construction projects. This will include assisting the development
team in the creation and management of the proforma, design
consultant and general contractor contracts, change orders and
tenant improvement coordination.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee Tenant and Capital Improvement construction
- Understand contracts, tenant leases and development
- Review project drawings, specifications, submittals, RFI's and
change orders for accuracy and compliance with the intention of the
- Perform cost analysis and change order reviews to manage risk
- Maintain cost control logs and provide budget forecasts for all
- Assist the consultants with obtaining building permits.
- Review and certification of monthly pay applications from
contractors and consultants.
- Review and maintain project schedules including tenant
deliveries and completions.
- Conduct periodic construction site walks and document project
status and compare with existing contractor schedules.
- Coordinate Tenant Improvements with Tenant Contractors.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or Engineering
preferred and 10 years of related work experience working on
commercial construction projects. Communication Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous
service to customers.
- Ability to effectively present information to Senior
- Ability to work on multiple complex projects
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel/Project and
Bluebeam. Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Must be able to navigate and inspect all areas of jobsite in
all types of weather; this may include walking, climbing, reaching,
bending, crawling, or stretching.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Exposure to characteristic construction site dangers. Benefits
- 401(k) matching
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Employer contributions to health savings account
- Employer paid life insurance
- Generous paid time off
- Employee referral bonus program
- Wellness allowance
Keywords: RED Development, Phoenix , Director Construction, Executive , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...