Commercial Construction Safety Director
Company: Willmeng Construction, Inc.
Posted on: March 19, 2023
HOW YOU WOULD BE SPENDING YOUR TIME AS A SAFETY DIRECTOR
The Safety Director is a champion of Willmeng's safety culture,
responsible for the creation and implementation of the company
safety program to reduce potential accidents and injury. Also,
ensures compliance with all safety regulations including OHSA,
federal, state, and local laws. - -
WHY WE WOULD WANT YOU TO JOIN THE TEAM
- You are passionate about developing and providing companywide
programs that ensure a safe workplace including safety
orientations, skill training, emergency preparedness, proper job
instruction, hazardous material disposal procedures, and the use of
- You are able to provide guidance to the company in matters
relating to occupational, environmental, safety and health, and
assure compliance with local, state and federal regulatory
requirements for all Arizona and out of state projects including
maintenance of OSHA 300 log.
- You can apply knowledge in national safety and occupational
health laws (OSHA), management principles, policies,
regulations/standards, practices and procedures and for precedent
decisions applicable to the risks in complex construction
- You are able to act as liaison between Project Managers,
Superintendents and Owners in health and safety program
implementation efforts both at the office and field level.
- You have a passion to coach, train and mentor employees and
subcontractor employees in all aspects of construction safety, such
as OSHA 10 Hour Outreach, fall protection, excavation safety, and
create an environment of learning, mentoring, and empowerment in
order to promote employee learning, behavior change and
- You can regularly conduct and document health and safety audits
and inspections at project field sites and offices in order to
identify and abate hazards on the jobsite.
- You have the ability to coordinate with claims adjusters and
investigators including preparation of documentation for company
use in hearings, contested OSHA citations, lawsuits and insurance
- You apply understanding of new technology and industry best
practices to apply to current processes where criteria and
standards may be lacking.
- You have strong leadership skills and exceptional verbal and
written communication skills.
- You exemplify company values: Exceeds expectations, Nimble,
Fair 360, Trustworthy & Reliable, Altruistic/Community
- You have an excellent driving record.
- You have strong computer skills: MS Office Suite and
Construction Software Procore.
- You have CHST or higher certification.
- OSHA 500 required.
- We also require background checks.
Keywords: Willmeng Construction, Inc., Phoenix , Commercial Construction Safety Director, Executive , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...