Company: Desert Financial Credit Union
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Rethink what's possible with SwitchThink! SwitchThink Solutions
is an IT Services CUSO from Desert Financial Credit Union.
As a collaborative partner for innovation, SwitchThink Solutions
offers technology solutions that help credit unions achieve their
transformational goals. Our knowledgeable development,
infrastructure, and IT operations experts work hand-in-hand with
our clients to maximize the benefits of their technology and speed
Who you are...
You are a strategic planner with a love for technology
infrastructure. As the Director of Infrastructure, you will plan,
organize, and manage the overall operations for the network and
platform operations teams to ensure the stable operation of the
organization's IT infrastructure. This includes developing,
maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas,
particularly network infrastructure, server infrastructure, data
communications, and telecommunications systems. You will schedule
and direct the activities of your teams to resolve hardware and
software problems in a timely and accurate fashion. Always ensuring
that project/department milestones and goals are met, while
adhering to approved budgets.
A typical week might include the following---
- Managing the day to day operations of the Network and Platform
Operations. Managing day-to-day operations of the services
maintaining continuous availability as well as the expansion and
provisioning of additional capacity for services teams, including
identifying operational efficiencies, cost savings opportunities,
workload intake and balancing, and tracking department
- Providing leadership and supervision to Infrastructure Team
through one on one meetings, individual development plan creation
and coaching, weekly and monthly team meetings, directing priority
shifts, ensuring team cross functionality, and team
- Implementing a cloud operations staff and run model A team
focused on operating a cloud services enterprise such as AWS/Azure
manages their environment through a cross functional team that is
more focused on the full stack technology enterprise, skills for
scalability and ensures value for clients for faster service
delivery and resolution.
- Managing the service delivery for Infrastructure Services
including metrics, compliance with service level agreements for
service requests, change, incident and problem management.
- Maintain capacity planning model for infrastructure service
offerings in accordance with the Business Plan for Cloud Hosting.
Serving as the incident and problem manager and single point of
contact for the (Network and Platform Technology for Cloud
Services) and cloud services for clients
- Manage a capacity management program across all technology
platforms in addition to developing and maintaining a strategic
partnership with vendors to ensure proper discounts, SLAs, and
commitments are met.
- Managing the data center facilities including; interfacing with
colocation vendor, performing quarterly access management review,
processing and maintaining smart hands reports, maintaining cabling
and rack changes, as builds and run books, and access to portal and
review service requests for break fix.
- Overseeing operations infrastructure in data centers for
tracking available capacity, proposing expansion plans.
- Maintaining and improving operational procedures on failure
management, monitoring, preventative maintenance, expansions and
- Managing day-to-day operations of the services maintaining
continuous availability as well as the expansion and provisioning
of additional capacity for services.
- Managing security compliance, auditing, and monitoring of our
services (servers, network, VoIP).
- Developing and maintaining lifecycle roadmaps.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- This role might be for you if you have...
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science,
Information Systems, or related field, experience in lieu of
education is acceptable
- 8+ years leadership in IT operations, supervising technology
teams, and overseeing large information technology
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience supporting key
infrastructure components including networking, virtualization,
storage, and telephony technologies
- Deep knowledge of supporting infrastructure related disaster
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills
- Strong project management skills
Bonus points if you have...
- 15+ years IT experience with a broad background in IT
- 10+ years IT leadership experience
- Experience migrating on premise architecture to the
- Experience leading a private or public cloud and cloud
We are considered leaders in the local credit union space, and we
are growing like crazy. We've got a culture passionate about
smarts, courtesy, continuous learning...and our people love it. A
full 93% of our employees would recommend us to their friends. Come
find out why! Learn more at jobs.desertfinancial.com or
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value
diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Desert Financial Credit Union, Phoenix , Director, Infrastructure, Executive , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!