Dual Director of Sales
Company: Sonesta International Hotels Corporation
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Job Description Summary
The Dual Director of Sales (DDOS) develops and implements the total
sales and marketing strategy of two or more hotels located in the
same market to ensure that joint occupancy, average daily rate and
market share goals are achieved. This includes creating and
implementing specific revenue, sales and marketing strategies and
tactical plans by hotel and the joint enterprise. Results are
monitored and adjusted to current market conditions to stay nimble
and react advantageously to competitors, as well as position each
hotel appropriately in the market. The DDOS will work directly with
multiple General Managers and the Regional leadership team to
identify specific extended stay strategies and tactics to drive
revenue according to the market's seasonal demand. They also manage
multiple hotel Sales Managers who will both represent an individual
hotel and the joint enterprise, as well as will work with Sonesta's
Marketing, Revenue Management, and Global Sales teams to leverage
national brand strategies at the local level.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver on the promise of Sonesta Service in all interactions
with guests and clients. Manage according to the Sonesta G.U.E.S.T.
standards and instill a passion for customer service in all
associates of all hotels.
- Develop new accounts, maintain existing accounts, and implement
sales strategies to achieve revenue goals and maximize profits for
the market while maintaining guest satisfaction. Develop and
maintain relationships with key clients in order to produce
extended stay room sales. Regularly sell hotel rooms through direct
- Partner with all hotel GM's and the Regional Sales Director to
effectively maximize RevPar opportunities in the local market.
- Achieve budgeted revenues and personal/team sales goals to
maximize profitability within all areas of responsibility.
Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating
budgets, the market's sales and marketing plan, and financial plans
which support the overall objectives of all hotels. Produce regular
reports and sales forecasts.
- Work as part of the senior leadership team of the hotels to
positively impact the effectiveness of the operation of the
- Manage the team Sales employees, direct the day-to-day
activities of the team, plan, organize, and assign work, develop
and communicate strategies and goals. Create, train, and motivate
those responsible for developing new accounts, maintaining existing
accounts, and implementing sales strategies to achieve revenue
goals and maximize profits for the hotels, while maintaining guest
satisfaction. Advise staff of formal policies and procedures.
Manage all human resources-related actions in accordance with
Company's rules and policies.
- Create and implement the tactical sales plans that drive
measurable incremental occupancy, increase average rates, and
increase business volume during off-peak periods. Enhance the image
of the hotels in the local community. Monitor sales
activities/performance to ensure actual sales exceed the
established revenue plan.
- Analyze current/potential market and sales trends and
coordinate all activities to maintain and increase revenue and
market share through added business volume and increased
- Coordinate with other hotel-level departments to facilitate
services agreed upon by the hotel's leadership teams.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with officials and
representatives of local community groups. In coordination with the
General Managers, serve as the market representative for media
related inquiries and refer sensitive matters to the Corporate
Communications Department as necessary.
- Prepare Weekly/Monthly reporting on account, individual,
segment, and tier production.
- Act as "Manager on duty" as required.
- Attend Evening Social and Breakfast events as a representative
of the management team of all hotels to greet and welcome guests
and to prospect for additional sales leads.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws regarding
health, safety, and alcohol services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in Hotel Administration, Business
Administration or related field preferred.
- Previous Director of Sales experience required.
- Previous background from the extended stay industry
- Ability to speak, read, and write fluent English; other
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting,
profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Opera and Automated Sales
- Ability to travel including some overnight travel is
- Valid driver's license required.
- Frequently standing up, bending, climbing, kneeling, and moving
about the facility.
- Carrying, lifting or pulling items weighing up to 25
- Frequently handling objects and equipment.
Additional Job Description
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping
ensure the health and financial security of employees and their
families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account with Company Match
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacation and Sick Days
- Sonesta Hotel Discounts
- Educational Assistance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Various Employee Perks and Discounts
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full
application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete
applications received will not be considered.
Keywords: Sonesta International Hotels Corporation, Phoenix , Dual Director of Sales, Executive , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!