Director Product Management
Posted on: September 24, 2022
ID: 22021249Job DescriptionWork Location Options: Hybrid/Virtual
You Lead the Way. We've Got Your Back. At American Express, we know
that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power
to progress in incredible ways. Whether we're supporting our
customers' financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to
new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our
colleagues are constantly redefining what's possible - and we're
proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join
#TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000
colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional
customer experience every day. At American Express we place an
enormous emphasis on users and usability. We sit at the
intersection of commerce and experiences and are unique in our
business model. We are a part of a handful of companies in the
world that lead a user's end to end commerce experience. With our
mix of assets like rewards, acquisition, benefits, members only
perks, we are re-imagining how commerce and experiences converge in
a more modern, digital, and connected world. As we change the way
consumers and their merchant interact with each other, we are
looking for unbelievably versatile leaders to define and complete
an overly ambitious vision.The elegance and efficiency of our
banking journeys will create rich capabilities and experiences for
our customers, sustainable and driven differentiation for American
Express. We need a high-energy, passionate, and adaptable
individual that can help us achieve our banking platform and
operations goals.The Director Product Management (Partner Oversight
and Governance) will report and assist the Vice President Product
Management of Digital Banking Platform.Job Responsibilities:
- Understand business objectives and customer needs, identify
creative ways to leverage capabilities, and develop innovative
solutions to meet those needs.
- Own key collaborator relationships across marketing teams.
- Lead, coach, and grow a team of people who are crucial to
- Work closely with Technology as key partner interfacing back
with business teams to be responsible for and ensure best-in-class
delivery and customer outcomes.
- Primary liaison between the Company and contracted third party
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with
the product operations team.
- Monitors and improves processes related to third party
servicing to minimize risks and to ensure corporate reputation
- Conducts contract testing to ensure compliance with AEMP 10
- Oversees and tests the implementation of new products and
services offered by Company at each third-party vendor to ensure
quality and appropriate risk mitigation.
- Collaborate effectively with all team members and partners to
ensure regulatory compliance.
- Partner with Operation Excellence, Business, Product Management
teams among others to identify gaps, create new processes and
- Strong analytical subject area, solution-oriented approach, and
focus on outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to drive transformation in complex, and
- Strong project/product management skills and demonstrated
ability to manage multiple business priorities.
- Ability to build strong relationships, communicate effectively
and lead through influence.
- Knowledge of Third-party monitoring, SLA tracking / Progress
reporting and Process controls.
- Knowledge of Third-party lifecycle activities Pre-contract,
Post-Contract and Termination.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to changing circumstances
with a will-to-win.
- Find opportunities to build dashboard and support leadership
with regular updates.
- Knowledge of risk management functions / familiarity with
standard processes and tools; as well as knowledge of those
relevant to third-party relationship management will be a
- Knowledge of Operational Risk Events / Corrective Action Plans
and management of Third-party tracking.
- Maintain Vendor oversight for PRSAs and Controls.
- Support Financial management including Invoice/SLA Credit
validation and monitoring for accuracy.
- Support third-party monitoring/tracking of Business Continuity
and DR exercises and validation results.Here is what we are looking
- Leadership: Strong people management skills and shown ability
to lead and develop an Analytics team; Creates a culture that
engages business partners through a collaborative approach to make
fact based, data-driven decisions.
- Nurturer of talent: To bring out the best in individuals and
- Analytical Skills: Able to structure and process qualitative or
quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions. Demonstrated
ability to analyze complex data and processes to drive process
improvements and creative solutions (Critical).
- Flexibility/Adaptability: Not thrown off by frequently changing
priorities and conditions; copes effectively with complexity and
change. Deals with ambiguity - to take the unknown into
- Drive & Persistence: Proactive & self-driven; Resourceful, has
grit, and a positive "can do" attitude. Possesses a strong
willingness to work hard and efficiently to get the job done.
- Collaboration & Influence: Ability to successfully influence
and bring together internal and external stakeholders to achieve
- Communication Skills: Communicates information, ideas, and
- Attention to Detail: Does not let crucial details slip through
the cracks or derail a project.
- Lots of questions: Curious, loves learning. Not willing to
accept surface level answers. Challenges the status quo - and
believes things can always be improved.
- Product Ops Mindset: Proven ability to build, run and
prioritize a product partner needs.As part of our diverse tech
team, you can architect, code and ship software that makes us a
crucial part of our customers' digital lives. Here, you can work
alongside hardworking engineers in an open, supportive, inclusive
environment where your voice is valued, and you make your own
decisions on what tech to use to solve complicated problems. Amex
offers a range of opportunities to work with the latest
technologies and encourages you to back the broader engineering
community through open source. And because we understand the
importance of keeping your skills fresh and relevant, we give you
dedicated time to invest in your professional development. Find
your place in technology on #TeamAmex. We are seeking a
solution-oriented manager with vast experience working under
volatile, complex and uncertain environments to develop and drive
innovation and automation especially in call center management,
financial, compliance and third-party management requirements
across contract and policy mandates. Demonstrated experience in
operations and servicing management, data analytics and vendor
management. Confirmed ability to take complex technical information
and evaluate it against policy, program, enterprise, and industry
standards and translate it into clearly defined communication
and/or action plans for a variety of audiences including c-suite.
Experience working in or with various governance and 2nd and 3rd
lines of defense organization to support, challenge and promote
objectives. Strong influencing and partnership skills, strategic
planning, and relationship development with the proven ability to
encourage, gain support, resolve difference of opinion and work in
a matrixed organization. Consistent record leading, encouraging,
and influencing a cross functional & global team to get positive
results. A strong executive presence and the ability to optimally
communicate and Experience handling third parties with GPSS managed
processes required. Knowledge of the following is required:
Business Continuity Planning High level testing or governance
experience Strong Proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically
Excel, and PowerPoint as well as automation and robotic tools Lead
with an external perspective, challenge status quo and bring
continuous innovation Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions
quickly and with the highest level of integrity Demonstrated
ability to apply thought leadership and strategic thinking to
deliver process maturity and development Ability to communicate
findings to colleagues, business partners, and senior leaders
Exceptional professional communication skills - clear, logical, and
structured Impeccable integrity required for handling confidential
information Masters' educational degree is a plus. We back our
colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and
personally. That's why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working
model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while
ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person
culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will
either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and
virtual days) or fully virtually. If the role you are applying for
is designated as hybrid or onsite, you will be required to
demonstrate that you have completed your primary COVID-19
vaccination series (i.e., 2 doses for Moderna/Pfizer and 1 dose for
J&J) in order to work in or visit any of our offices. This
requirement is subject to legally required accommodations.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is
required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these
positions. American Express is an equal opportunity employer and
makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other
status protected by law. Other Jobs You May Be Interested In
Director Product Management United StatesBurgess Hill, West Sussex,
United Kingdom Director Product Management United States Sr
Manager- Product Development Phoenix, Arizona, United States and 3
morePhoenix, Arizona, United States 1/5 When you become part of our
Talent Community, we'll keep you posted about future job
opportunities that you may be a match for, as well as
Join Talent Network
Keywords: Amex, Phoenix , Director Product Management, Executive , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!