Director of Rooms
Company: Aimbridge Hospitality
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Career Opportunity: The Director of Rooms forms part of the
Hotel Leadership team who collectively makes key strategic and
operational decisions for the Hotel or Resort. The Director directs
and controls the activities of the Front Desk, Concierge,
Communications, Housekeeping/Laundry, Guest Relations, Guest
Services and Spa. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Directly supervises the Department Heads in the departments
- Ensures thorough communications and follow-up on any problems,
guest or employee requests or special requirements, and on hotel
- Interviews and trains the staff.
- Ensures Forbes 5 Star Service standards and Cultural standards
are performed consistently in all Rooms Division departments.
- Conducts Performance Evaluations and disciplines staff when
- Reviews and monitors schedules of staff / Labor Standards in
all departments in the Rooms Division.
- Monitors their activities to assure that standards are being
met, staff is being supported and guest needs are being met.
- Routinely inspects all areas of responsibility in the Rooms
- Resolves customer complaints from all areas of the hotel,
handling all guest interactions with the highest level of
hospitality and professionalism, accommodating special requests
- Will resolve complaints in person, by phone or through written
- Develops relationships with return guests, group contacts and
other guests in order to provide personalized service.
- Assures that financial goals of the division and the hotel are
- Monitors and controls labor expense, and other divisional
expenses such as supplies and equipment. Works closely with
Reservations, Sales and the Front Office to maximize rate,
occupancy and total revenue.
- Assists in preparing business forecasts. Prepares Annual Budget
for the division.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multitasking is
- Effectively manage and diffuse high stress situation involving
both guests and employee matters.
- Maintains close relationships with retail tenants and
concessions to ensure revenue and expense targets are met.
- Makes suggestions that will improve revenue, reduce cost and
increase guest satisfaction.
- Manages in a way that supports Four Seasons' Mission and
- Supports and creates programs and initiatives that encourage
employee development, training and career growth within the Rooms
- Engaged along with other Planning Committee members in
long-range planning for the hotel
- Who We Are Looking For:We are looking for individuals who have
strong leadership and interpersonal skills, are able to prioritize
and adapt to the changing needs of the operation, and can evidence
having a solid work ethic, good business acumen and a passion for
service. A A successful candidate will exhibit high energy, a sense
of urgency in getting things done and have a flexible schedule,
ability to work morning, afternoon, or evening shifts, weekends,
and holidays. Applicants are required to have a track record of
working in Luxury Forbes rated properties in Operations management
positions. Previous experience as a Division Head is preferred. A
college degree specializing in hotel management or business
administration, or equivalent experience is preferred. The Director
of Rooms reports to the Managing Director and is an Executive
Committee member.Our ResortL'Auberge de Sedona is the luxury,
four-star resort that our guests seek out. Situated on the banks of
Oak Creek in the heart of Sedonas famed Red Rock country, LAuberge
de Sedona is a place where guests celebrate, connect, heal, and
relax. Taking inspiration from the resorts location on Oak Creek,
L'Auberge de Sedona has 62 luxury cottages and 21 lodge-style guest
rooms allowing for a resort within a resort experience or tranquil
seclusion. Guests of our Sedona, AZ luxury resort dont have to go
far to experience whats recognized as One of the Top Ten
Restaurants in the Southwest by Cond Nast Traveler at the resorts
on-property restaurants, Cress on Oak Creek and Etch Kitchen & Bar,
or experience true rejuvenation at the LApothecary Spa.As the
global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing
portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in 49 states and 22
countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels,
destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the
globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving
exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is
inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge
Hospitality.After an initial waiting period, those hired into full
time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that
includes the following:
- Now offering Daily Pay! Ask your Recruiter for more
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement PlanJob ID: 2022-141157 Full-Time/Part-Time:
Full-Time Street: 301 Lauberge Ln
Keywords: Aimbridge Hospitality, Phoenix , Director of Rooms, Executive , Sedona, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!