Product Management/Data Science Liaison
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Who Are We?Taking care of our customers, our communities and
each other. Thats the Travelers Promise. By honoring this
commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best
property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join
us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives
on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do
it.Job CategoryAnalytics & Research, Product Management/Pricing,
Project Management, TechnologyCompensation OverviewThe annual base
salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market
range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across
the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined
by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and
location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials
and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of
employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits
program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash
incentive awards.Salary Range$95,000.00 - $156,700.00Target
Openings1What Is the Opportunity?The Manager, Actuarial and
Analytics is an analytic leadership role that encompasses the
shared responsibility of project and strategic execution with
actuarial, analytic and business partners, in addition to assigned
operational assignments which may include reserving, rate-making,
pricing, planning/forecasting, project management and research. The
individual in this role is expected to be an influential member of
project teams, providing analytical insights and recommendations to
leadership and Business unit partners. The Manager, Actuarial and
Analytics will work on complex assignments requiring specialized
knowledge and expertise in breadth and/or depth in one or more of
the following areas: Actuarial and/or research methods Advanced
statistical analyses Solid business knowledge Line of Business
knowledgeTravelers offers a hybrid work location model that is
designed to support flexibility. #LI-Hybrid #LI-RemotePrimary Job
Duties & ResponsibilitiesStrategy:
- Participate in a lead role in the successful execution and
completion of assigned strategic initiatives and projects.
- Develop solutions to resolve challenges of an initiative.
- Propose change and innovation in order to improve project team
performance and timelines.
- This position will often participate on cross-unit initiatives
and may participate on Enterprise initiatives.Operational:
- Independently perform actuarial and analytic analyses to solve
business problems and apply judgment appropriately.
- Support and drive components of unit initiatives. Begin to
support broad department initiatives.
- Take accountability for process efficiencies within
- Begin to make proposals in accordance with department
- Provide support as necessary for initiatives across the
Enterprise within the scope of influence.Communication:
- Communicates analysis, project results, and other business
initiatives to peers and business partners.
- Communicates technical topics to non-technical audience within
the primary working group with guidance from manager.
- Actively participates and may lead group discussions at the
- Creates formal written communication such as memos or
presentations with guidance and peer review.
- Networks and collaborates on ideas and challenges.Talent:
- Retention and development of assigned staff.
- Execute and communicate talent development processes, including
performance and personal development goals.
- Talent assessment recommendations.
- Performance management.
- Mentor less experienced talent across the Enterprise.
- Onboard new employees and interns in unit.
- Support various training and skill development initiatives
across assigned Segment and the Enterprise.
- May provide support for recruiting efforts and candidate talent
assessment efforts.Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience required.
- 2 years of experience in quantitative analysis
required.Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- College degree in STEM related field.
- Associate Actuarial Credential preferred.
- Strong PC skills (MS Office) and programming skills (eg. SQL,
- 4+ years of quantitative analysis experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of insurance products and industry.
- Demonstrated ability in actuarial and quantitative analysis and
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects.Job Specific Technical
Skills & CompetenciesLeadership:
- Take ownership of assigned projects and meetings, make
recommendations and presents results to business partners.
- Proficient in Leading Self, exhibiting self-awareness while
also effectively managing ambiguity.
- Initial development of Leading Others, including
mentoring/training team members.
- Initial development of Leading the Business, including actively
supporting business goals and being a positive member of the
Enterprise culture.Business Acumen:
- Has an in-depth understanding and knowledge of a few basic
business drivers and disciplines such as: underwriting, products,
reinsurance, distribution, sales, operations, risk control, claim,
- Able to effectively utilize this business knowledge in
developing analytic solutions.
- Has a foundational perspective of the primary industry and
developing trends such as: technology, analytic methodology,
products and performance of competitors.
- Is familiar with a couple other key business drivers and
- Proactively build and own professional business relationships
across the BI&AA community across the Enterprise.
- Generate and solicit ideas, and begin to build consensus with
- Aware of potential conflict and begins to addresses with
- Begin to set and manage expectations with business partners for
small projects.Quantitative Analysis:
- Evaluate and use appropriate data, tools and methods.
- Able to perform analytics independently, can effectively plan
next steps within analyses with little oversight.
- May perform technical review of team work product.
- Able to contribute on more complex analytical work with
guidance.Employment PracticesTravelers is an equal opportunity
employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual
brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in
numerous ways from our differences.If you are a candidate and have
specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this
role, please send us an email (4-ESU@travelers.com) so we may
assist you.Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a
level above or below the level included in this posting.To learn
more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit
Keywords: Travelers, Phoenix , Product Management/Data Science Liaison, Executive , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!