Company: Veolia North America
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Company DescriptionVeolia Group aims to be the benchmark company
for ecological transformation. With nearly 220,000 employees
worldwide, the Group designs and provides game-changing solutions
that are both useful and practical for water, waste and energy
management. Through its three complementary business activities,
Veolia helps to develop access to resources, preserve available
resources and replenish them. In 2021, the Veolia group provided 79
million inhabitants with drinking water and 61 million with
sanitation, produced nearly 48 million megawatt hours and recovered
48 million tons of waste. Veolia Environnement (Paris Euronext:
VIE) achieved consolidated revenue of 28,508 billion euros in 2021.
[ Link removed ] - Job DescriptionResponsible for managing and
supervising all aspects of client services within a geographical
area to include health and safety, environmental compliance,
variety of services, and the hiring and training of subordinates.
Assists in establishing annual goals and objectives and maintains
profit and loss ratios in concert with regional objectives.
Oversees subcontractor project completion in accordance with
regulatory guidelines. Reviews and approves project estimates,
proposals, and contracts for existing and/or new accounts.Primary
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Recognize and act on opportunities to increase value added
services to customers.
2. Enforce all compliance, health and safety, and procedures in
accordance with departmental and regional policies.
3. Maintain a professional image to clients by answering inquiries
and suggesting solutions to existing and/or potential problems.
4. Oversee compliance with all OSHA, EPA, TSCA, DOT, and all other
5. Implements all required training courses as required by OSHA and
6. Participates in and supports ISO 14001/45001 and R2
7. Oversees operation of all equipment including maintenance to
ensure optimum efficiency and effectiveness.
8. Ensures contract compliance and advises accordingly.
9. Provide a safe and compliant work environment.
10. Develop a high performing teamQualificationsEducation /
Experience / Background* Bachelor's degree in a related discipline
or equivalent work experience required
* 4 to 6 years of hazardous waste experience requiredKnowledge /
Skills/ Abilities* Extensive knowledge in the following areas: DOT,
EPA, TSCA, and OSHA.
* Computer proficiency with Microsoft Suite* Strong team player*
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Time management: the ability to organize and manage multiple
* Thorough knowledge of disposal site capabilities and limitations
prior to shipping hazardous materials to ensure efficient
disbursement and storage.
* Strong customer service orientation
* Ability to effectively present information
* Strong supervisory and leadership skills
* Ability to create & prepare reports as necessaryRequired
Certification / Licenses / Training* A valid Driver's License
* 40-hour HAZWOPER CertificationAdditional InformationVNA is
committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. VNA's
practices and employment decisions, including those regarding
recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion, compensation, benefits,
training, discipline, and termination shall not be based on any
person's sex, race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin,
age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy,
veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group status
as defined by applicable law. VNA gives fair consideration to all
qualified individuals and affords all employees and applicants
opportunities for advancement according to their individual
abilities without regard to membership in any applicable protected
category. No opportunity for hire, advancement or any other
condition of employment will be diminished through unlawful
Keywords: Veolia North America, Phoenix , Operations Manager, Executive , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!