Director of Finance
Company: Marriott Vacations Worldwide
Location: Fountain Hills
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others'
vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world
premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at
destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver
unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Position Summary:We are looking for an experienced Director of
Finance to join the team opening the Adero Resort, an Autograph
Collection property in Scottsdale Arizona opening later this year.
- The resort features 177 guest rooms, a full service restaurant, a
membership club, banquet/event facilities and Spa. - We are looking
for a dynamic addition to the team that will help provide financial
guidance and leadership to the property. -
- Supervise all accounting functions for the Hotel, Restaurant,
- Prepare the financial statements working with Accenture, the
outsourced service provider to in accordance with Company Policies
and Procedures, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and the
Uniform System of Accounts and other documents as needed for the
owner reporting package.
- Prepare accurate forecasts on a monthly basis and monthly cash
flow statements to ensure that owners, the General Manager are
provided clear information about the achievability and
reasonableness of the forecasts and budgets.
- Analyze and interpret financial results in order to assist and
advise the Resort General Manager in an effort to drive strategic
business decisions, including the analysis of payroll costs.
- In coordination with Accenture maintain balance sheet analysis
on a monthly basis with full supporting detail.
- Ensure compliance with management and franchise agreement and
other legal documents and corresponding financial impact.
- Prepare timely and accurate sales, use and occupancy tax
- Mentors and works collaboratively with department heads
regarding their departmental financial statements, including
budgeting and forecasting.
- Ensure treasury management controls are in place and monitored
to secure company assets.
- Ensure that all financial reports, budgets, forecasts, and
other information required by the company are accurately compiled
and submitted within the specified time limits, identifying
variances, and making recommendations for improvements as
- Prepare annual budget in connection with the property
- Ensure all legal, treasury, and tax documentation is properly
maintained and secured, and that all statutory and fiscal reporting
requirements are satisfied, which includes any governmental
requirements for permits and licenses.
- Ensure adequate controls are installed and maintained for the
protection of the property's assets against loss or
Specific Candidate Profile:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Studies from an
accredited university or business college is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of practical accounting experience in the
hospitality industry at a full service hotel.
- Well organized, detail-oriented with excellent follow-up.
- Able to communicate thru writing or verbal communication
effectively and professional with all stakeholders, including
guests, owners, fellow managers, employees and vendors and to
diplomatically handle difficult situations as they arise.
- Ability to work under time pressures.
- Must possess excellent communication skills both internally and
- Experience with PeopleSoft or similar accounting package is
- Excel proficiency required.
- Comfortable with multiple systems and interfaces. Working
knowledge of property management systems and Point of Sale outlet
systems. Experience with Opera, MICROS, SPASoft, Jonas a plus
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer
committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive
Keywords: Marriott Vacations Worldwide, Phoenix , Director of Finance, Executive , Fountain Hills, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!