Company: MasTec Inc.
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Working collaboratively with corporate risk, legal team members and
insurance brokers/carriers, the Insurance Manager delivers
management leadership over the company's corporate insurance
programs, provides insurance support and advice to project teams
and oversees claims while driving process improvements to manage
and reduce company's risk exposure. This role will have direct
report management responsibilities and reports to the Director of
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Serve as subject matter expert for all company's insurance
coverages, including builder's/construction all-risk policies
provided at a corporate level and by clients.
- Provide contract review support of insurance requirements to
ensure alignment with coverages and contracting protocol.
- Oversee subcontractor and supplier down-stream insurance
coverages to ensure alignment with company and contractual
requirements including approval of any requested deviations and
verification of appropriate additional insured status for required
- Manage the certificates of insurance process along the project
lifeline to include tracking, auditing, and renewals.
- Facilitate bond requests (e.g. payment, performance, lien) to
ensure appropriate form and substance.
- Work with project teams to compile documentation for builder's
all-risk claims and deductible buy downs.
- Coordinate and drive annual policy renewal activities.
- Maintain schedules for all policies, their coverage scope and
periods, deductibles/SIR and properties.
- Collaborate with legal, broker, and carrier(s) to manage claims
process, and advise the business on decisions regarding claims
(whether to tender) and monitor progress of carriers' claim
- Manage the integration and supplementation of insurance
coverage requirements created by M&A activity.
- Administer OCIP/CCIP programs including subcontractor and
- Review binders, policies and endorsements to ensure accuracy
and the inclusion of negotiated terms and conditions.
- Conduct training and education sessions to familiarize project
and support teams with critical insurance concepts, lessons
learned, and best practices.
- Analyze loss data to identify trends and identify appropriate
cost containment techniques.
- Manage and provide mentorship and training to insurance team
members to develop competencies and maximize
- Assist with other risk and compliance related activities as
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- B.S. or B.A. from accredited university
- Minimum of seven (7) to ten (10) years of insurance related
experience as an underwriter, broker, or as risk/claims
- Knowledge of construction means and methods and industry
standard insurance policies, especially builder's/construction
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety
and of those who may be affected by the day-to-day delivery of this
role by taking personal responsibility for working toward Wanzek's
Zero Injury principles
- Confident decision-making abilities
- Strong organizational skills, initiative and meticulous
attention to details
- Ability to handle confidential information and communications
in a secure and professional manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to deal with multiple assignments, to prioritize, and
to progress assignments without constant oversight
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The
Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any
applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion,
national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military
status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable
federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits
harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these
protected categories. It is also MasTec's policy to comply with all
applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration
of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Keywords: MasTec Inc., Phoenix , Insurance Manager, Executive , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!