Company: Native American Connections
Posted on: November 22, 2021
POSITION SUMMARY :
The position provides property sustainability through aiding family
stability thereby increasing the consistency of rent collection
from residents. Services include initial move-in orientation of
community rules and LIHTC/HOME requirements and enforcement of all
property rules and state and federal laws for residents residing at
Native American Connections properties.
- Meet all reporting deadlines for LIHTC properties.
- Review and approve rental applications for accuracy and
property specific qualifications.
- Review all policies, rules and rental terms with the new
residents on move-in day in conjunction with the housing case
- Provide strong rent collections - collect rents due on-time
following agency policy for money and document processing, prepare
appropriate legal documents and process evictions as needed.
- Monthly update to Accounting and supervisor of any outstanding
rents and collections efforts.
- Prepare all bank deposits - scan to bank or take to designated
person, posting rents in Property Management software.
- Complete all income requirement documents - with an
understanding of LIHTC/HOME properties and HUD SHP grant
- Familiar with Section 8 program and requirements
- Develop proficiency in Property Management computer software
programs for property and rental date entry as required.
- Work closely with Property Supervisor on case management issues
and resident retention
- Maintain strong working relationship with NAC Outpatient
Services and refer residents for behavioral health counseling as
- Provide resident stabilization - refer for emergency
stabilization as needed; provide referrals for and/or deliver
Financial Education; take requests and pick up food boxes; manage
bus pass program; refer and follow-up with DES applications for
food stamps and AHCCCS as needed; work individually with clients to
remove barriers to employability; and enroll and terminate
participants per agency program requirements.
- Conduct monthly community meetings to work to improve payment
history, health and safety issues, and resident conduct in the
community through one-on-one education of the residents as
- Monitor units vacating - work closely with Maintenance to
assure turn overs are completed in a manner that mitigates the
income loss to the property.
- Work closely with Asset Manager to ensure 100% compliance with
all LIHTC/HOME requirement s
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATIONAL/WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT :
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Certification in apartment management
- Real Estate Brokers license a plus
- Two (2) years' experiences in LIHTC property management or
- Knowledge of the economic, educational and social problems of
Native Americans and referral
- Experience in Homeless Housing Services
SKILLS REQUIREMENT :
- MS Office proficiency
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively
with a wide range of people, teams, managers, supervisors, and
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must demonstrate critical thinking, problem- solving and
organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to work well with others in a team approach.
- Knowledge of Real Page - One Site a plus
- Outstanding phone etiquette
FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT :
This position is considered to be Non- Exempt for overtime pay
provisions as provided by the Federal Fair Labor Standards Act
(FLSA) and any applicable state laws. Non-Exempt employees are
entitled to overtime pay for hours worked in excess of forty (40)
hours per workweek.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE : Preference is given to qualified
Native American Applicants in accordance with the Indian Preference
Act. If claiming a preference, a copy of valid documentation will
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE : Native American Connections is a drug-free
workplace with safety-sensitive jobs. Use of alcohol and legal or
illegal drugs may impair and alter employees' judgement resulting
in increased safety risks, workplace injuries, and faulty decision
making. Reporting to work at NAC after use of alcohol, a controlled
substance, or abuse of any other substance is absolutely
Apply for This Job
Keywords: Native American Connections, Phoenix , Property Manager, Executive , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!