Director Division Engineering
Company: Cable One Inc
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Join Cable One, Inc. (NYSE: CABO) as Director of Division
Engineering. This role reports directly to the VP of Engineering
and Construction and is responsible for providing strategic
direction, capital planning, execution and leads the Division's
Engineering efforts to support our long-term network strategies.
This role supports the Operations teams within the division, making
sure Engineering specifications are understood and applied, for
consistent and reliable practices. The Director Division
Engineering keeps General Managers and Division Vice Presidents
aware of what is going on in the division related to Engineering
projects, specifications, and practices. This position focuses on
reliability, plant health and utilization planning through capital
planning and project execution of our plant infrastructure. At
Cable One and our family of brands, we keep our customers and
associates connected to what matters most. For our associates, that
means: a thriving and rewarding career, respect for the communities
where they live and work, a focus on health and wellness, and an
open and inclusive workplace. We are committed to maintaining the
safety and well-being of our team, customers and the communities in
which we live and serve. We are closely monitoring the impact of
Covid-19 at a global and local level and are taking every
precaution to keep our associates, customers and families
safe.--Meetings and interviews are being held virtually, and all
associates that are able to work from home are entrusted to do
so.-- Benefits: Cable One appreciates the role our associates play
to help the company grow, and in return an excellent benefits
package is offered to our associates to recognize the importance of
their contributions, such as:
- Medical, dental, and vision plans start when you start
- Paid time off (Vacation, holiday, and personal/sick days)
- 401(k) - 100% Company match (match program starts after 1 year
of service, up to 5% of salary) Plus other perks:
- Tuition Reimbursement (up to $5,250 on 1st year)
- Up to seventy-five dollars a month towards cable and internet
- Annual community support to various organizations across the
- Cable One Associate Recognition & Award Program--
- Collaborative work environment What this position does to
contribute to the Company's success:
- Directs all facets of the Engineering of the Division
- Contributes to development of Engineering and Technical
Operations strategy, policies and procedures for the division.
- Creates and maintains divisional engineering plans and
strategies outlining future technology direction for the
- Oversees the capital for the division in technology related
initiatives and makes sure new build activity is within strategy
and financial practices.
- Responsible for developing and monitoring capital and project
budgets associated with the functions managed.
- Manages new technology launches including technical readiness
assessment, implementation, post-launch troubleshooting and liaison
- Supervises, selects, trains, advises, and motivates technical
and engineering staff directly, or through indirect means.
- Responsible for assuring service quality, maintenance of the
physical plant, and optimizing the efficiency of the maintenance
workforce and the reliability of service.
- Provides "hands-on" technical assistance to local technical
departments when local skills or resources are insufficient such as
new or complex technologies, large projects and large emergency
- Ensures the cable system consistently operates within the
technical rules and regulations of the Federal Communications
Commission (FCC) and Cable One engineering guidelines.
- Takes on other duties needed to help drive our Purpose, fulfill
our Brand Principles, and abide by our Organization's Values.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university with
primary study in Business, Engineering or other related field. An
equivalent amount of experience may substitute for the
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in a Technical or
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in the Telecommunications
- Data networking experience particularly with DOCSIS
- Experience with headend signal management, radiofrequency and
optical distribution, and test platforms.
- Experience with HFC architectures, design, construction and
- Experience with HFC maintenance, troubleshooting and system
- Experience with FCC proofs, leakage, fiber and radio frequency
- Experience with headend power (AC/DC), grounding and HVAC
- Substantial PC skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and
- Must be able to work effectively without full-time secretarial
- Strong capital planning, budgeting and cost management
- Must be an assertive, results oriented individual with a
commitment to maintaining superior service for customers.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and to
effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to think through a problem, analyze and break it down
into parts to resolve or develop a logical solution.
- Must anticipate problems and create or devise plans to rectify
situations while displaying good judgment.
- Substantial work ethic and energy. Must be willing to put in
long hours and travel frequently for the sake of the company's
success, associate's happiness, and customer's satisfaction.
- Work with minimum detailed direction while staying on strategy
and keeping the Vice President adequately informed. Demonstrates
values-based competencies in line with the core values that are the
foundation of all activities performed by employees in order to
achieve the Mission of the Company: Committed - Values each and
every customer, while working hard to keep their business and
support our communities. Helpful--- Delivers support in the ways
that are most useful to our customers and addresses their needs
with expertise, respect, and empathy. Proactive - Understand what
our customers need, and actively works to make their relationship
with use seamless, easy, and rewarding. Personal - Knows our
customers well, and tailors our communications and interactions to
address their needs and expectations. Pre-hire processes: Cable
One, Inc. is committed to keeping our associates and customers
safe. Job offers are contingent upon the results of background,
drug screening and reference check. Only after successfully passing
these pre-hire clearances are individuals approved for hire and
ready to start their successful and rewarding career. Diversity
lies in the communities we serve and among the associates who
dedicate themselves to ensure our continued success. Here at Cable
One, we believe it is our individual and unique talents,
backgrounds and perspectives that, when combined, truly make us an
unstoppable force." Stronger Together" is not just a verbal cue, it
is the motto that our associates live by, exemplify and embody each
and every day. Cable One and all of its subsidiaries provide Equal
Employment Opportunities to all individuals of different races,
colors, creeds, national origins, genders, marital and veteran
Keywords: Cable One Inc, Phoenix , Director Division Engineering, Executive , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!