Assistant Manager - DC
Company: Pilot Freight
Posted on: November 23, 2020
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Pilot Air Freight to consider all applications
for any position without regard to a person's race, color,
religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status,
marital status, sexual orientation or genetics.
Pilot Freight Services is searching for a dynamic Assistant
Distribution Center Operations Manager in the Phoenix Arizona area.
We have a rare opportunity for a behind-the-scenes logistics
position. The Assistant DC Manager will be responsible for the
operation and dedicated to being the best; to standing at the line
of action and taking charge of a busy regional distribution center
and making sure that teams on the front line are sharp and
committed to excellence. You will oversee the team to fine tune
processes, support the P&L expectations and decisions, and
ensure that customers get the kind of treatment you demand for
yourself. This is a high volume operation that calls for
hyper-attentiveness to detail always, the ability to communicate
clearly, set expectations, and lead with passion.
Our customers are iconic Home Furniture brands who expect a
superior home delivery event for their clients. You'll have the
opportunity to stand at the line of action and take charge of a
busy regional distribution center while making sure that teams on
the front line are sharp and committed to excellence. The hours of
this position are Monday-Saturday (Schedules will be defined once
position are filled.)
If this is how you live and want to work, then we want to hear from
you right now.
Own-the-Results Job Description:
The Assistant DC Manager will report directly to the DC Manager,
but will work closely with several other team members throughout
all stages of the dedicated delivery service. He/she will be
responsible for the execution of the facility delivery team
including but not limited to; order routing, contractor management,
and customer service. The Assistant DC Manager is responsible for
daily planning, organizing, controlling and managing the over-all
operations of delivery and return orders.
The Assistant DC Manager must excel in a HIGH VOLUME HOME
FURNISHINGS OPERATION. This person must be one who can execute to a
prescribed process in the most efficient manner. They must be able
to handle a very fast paced, highly dynamic, and dead-line driven
work place environment.
This is what you would have done had you been with us last
- Provided the necessary communication and support between
customers, suppliers and independent contractors regarding
operations activity to ensure a smooth delivery and expected level
- Managed the planning and coordination in executing order
assembly and dispatch of product.
- Provided the efficient utilization of delivery team capacity
and mechanical handling of equipment, ensuring quality, budgetary
targets and environmental objectives were met.
- Worked with the Regional Director or LM Manager to achieve
financial objectives by supporting the preparation of an annual
- Managed a P&L by operating the business within budgeted
guidelines through scheduling expenditures and analyzing
- Managed contractual agreements and key performance indicators
set forth by the client.
- Used personal judgment and initiative to develop effective and
constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles in activities
- Managed the resolution of complex escalations pertaining to
Independent Contractors and customers; Reported on issues as needed
to ensure complaints were addressed and resolved to client
- Utilized site operating systems to ensure daily execution of
- Managed the recruitment and training of staff and IC's, as well
as monitoring staff performance and progress.
- Conducted weekly client meetings to report and evaluate the
quality of service received, providing solutions for continuous
- Ensured driver safety and compliance, loading in a safe manner
and requirements were being met.
- Performed other dynamic duties as required.
These are the tools you would have brought with you:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field preferred but not required;
Completion of a college program in business administration or in a
discipline related to facility operation and maintenance, or an
equivalent combination of technical training and experience in
administration or maintenance
- 5+ years supply chain experience in transportation,
distribution and/or freight management; 2-4 years in a
supervisory/management role; experience in a large distribution
center strongly preferred
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced and high-intensity
- Ability to interact effectively at multiple levels in support
of customer relationships (vendors, warehousing, sales and
- Strong analytical skills, especially as it pertains to
proactively managing and coordinating with others in order to meet
our customer's needs
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and high
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proficient in the use of operating and routing software
- Ability to work flexible shifts and days of the week including
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand and complete repetitive tasks for complete
Keywords: Pilot Freight, Phoenix , Assistant Manager - DC, Executive , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!