Internal Audit Manager, BDAM
Company: Charles Schwab
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Your OpportunityThe Internal Audit Department (IAD) of The
Charles Schwab Corporation provides independent and objective
assessments to figure out whether all significant risks are
identified and appropriately reported by management and risk
functions to the Board and Executive Management, to evaluate
whether risks are adequately controlled, and to challenge Executive
Management to improve the efficiency of governance processes, risk
management, and internal controls.The Broker-Dealer/Asset
Management enterprise team is seeking an Internal Audit Manager.
The Broker-Dealer/Asset Management team provides internal audit
coverage of the business process activities and compliance
functions for Schwabs registered domestic and international
broker-dealers and registered retail and institutional investment
advisors. The teams scope includes audit execution and oversight
for Schwabs: (i) client-facing activities supporting retail
investors and independent investment advisors on Schwabs platform
and their clients; (ii) client product solutions and market
expertise; (iii) portfolio advisory services and research; (iv)
asset management functions; (v) corporate client services,
including stock plan services, retirement plan services, and
compliance and employee trade monitoring solutions; and (vi) middle
and back office operational functions.Reporting to a Managing
Director of the Broker-Dealer/Asset Management enterprise team, the
Internal Audit Manager will have responsibility for the independent
and objective assurance activity designed to improve the
organizations operations and compliance with key regulations by
evaluating and improving the efficiency of risk management,
control, and governance processes. This position is also
responsible for working with auditing resources provided by an
external co-sourcing provider.What youre good at
- Audit Execution:
- Direct and supervise the design and execution of internal
audits, ensuring work is performed in accordance with IIA standards
and IAD policies and procedures.
- Participate in an audit team may include internal or co-sourced
internal audit professionals.
- Lead meetings with partners
- Ensure coordination with integrated and data analytic audit
- Prepare and/or reviewing work papers to ensure clear
identification of risks and issues, validating appropriateness of
fieldwork testing, and sign-off on audit deliverables.
- Handle and advance changes in audit timelines, budget,
resourcing, and achievements.
- Assess the quality of managements Risk & Control
Self-Assessments; and support the assessment of the operational
risk management program that handles the RCSA program.
- Issues Identification: Review draft issue observations, vet
issues with key partners, identify compensating controls, and
evaluate the appropriateness of the management action plan prior to
finalizing the audit report.
- Issue Management and Validation: Monitor and review issue
validation testing to ensure comprehensive testing and adherence to
- Business and Project Monitoring: Participate in the departments
business and project monitoring program execution to identify
- Risk Assessment: Participate in the annual Risk Assessment
process, including the scoring and documentation of risk ratings.
Review audit universe updates after the completion of each
- Coaching: Provide support, mentoring, and feedback to the audit
team throughout the audit. Provide assistance with onboarding and
ongoing support to new team members.
- Regulatory: Conduct validation testing on the action plans
completed by management to address MRAs. As needed, provide
responses to IAD management related to regulatory questions during
- Administration/Training: Completion of firm-wide and
departmental administration and training requirements.
- Other Initiatives/Special Projects: As needed, assist with
special projects related to business operational improvement or
department strategic initiatives.What you have
- 5-7+ years of financial services-related audit experience with
growing responsibility. Broker Dealer/Asset Management experience
and/or Big 4 Accounting experience a plus.
- Demonstrated experience leading internal audits and their
associated team members, amongst a complex operational and
- Ability to lead a project team and cultivate a strong working
relationship with external co-sourcing provider, regulators, and
internal lines of businesses.
- CPA, CIA, CFE, or CISA strongly preferred. Other applicable
financial services and/or risk management certifications
- Clear understanding of risks and internal controls and the
ability to evaluate and figure out adequacy and efficiency of
- Stays current on industry and regulatory issues and standard
methodologies; imparts this knowledge to the team and the
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to
anticipate issues and to design appropriate solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a shown
ability to articulate effectively and authoritatively.
- Uses relationships and insights to successfully influence
others. Builds authentic and trusted relationships to create
alignment and support.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Ability to travel 15-20%Apply for this jobRefer a friendWhy
Schwab?At Schwab, Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We
are committed to helping our employees unleash their potential and
achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in
disrupting a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better,
more modern way to build and manage wealth. Were a modern financial
services firm that stands apart from the industry, where you can go
as far as your ambition takes you.Hear from employees:: a package
designed to empower your health, wealth, career and life.Schwab is
committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where
everyone feels valued.As an equal employment opportunity employer,
our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants without regard to any status that is
protected by law.Schwab is also an affirmative action employer,
focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals
with disabilities in the workplace.We believe diversity and
inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of
serving every client with passion and integrity.Job Locations
US-TX-Westlake - US-AZ-Phoenix - US-IL-ChicagoRequisition ID
2019-49671Posted Date 2 weeks ago (1/31/2020 6:27 PM)Category Risk
& RegulatoryPosition Type Full time
Keywords: Charles Schwab, Phoenix , Internal Audit Manager, BDAM, Executive , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!