VDC Engineer - Process Pipe
Company: McCarthy Building
Posted on: March 20, 2023
The VDC Engineer is responsible for task level management,
implementation and execution of McCarthy's Virtual Design &
Construction (VDC) and Building Information Modeling (BIM)
Processes, Tools and Best Practices within their assigned projects.
Primarily focused on supporting process pipe self-perform for the
Water business unit. The VDC Engineer reports to the VDC Manager or
next highest position.
- Task-level execution of VDC functions including BIM Execution
planning, BIM Coordination, 3D modeling, 2D drawing production
- Lead technical aspect of 3D constructability and 3D Design and
Trade Coordination, working in tandem with project teams to ensure
standard of care and best practices are followed.
- Develop native 3D model content to support Process Piping
- 2D drawing Production (Plans, Sections, Assemble Maps, Assemble
- Development of custom Revit Families for production modeling
- Problem solve and train on Revit
- Geolocation of models for coordination and field use.
- Generate layout points for field installation of self-perform
- Understand and contribute to development of BIM Execution Plan
attachments for tasks assigned and how those tasks relate to the
overall BIM Execution Plan and project plan.
- Understand and contribute to VDC schedule development for tasks
assigned, track actual completion times, and communicate progress
and completion to VDC Manager for records.
- Understand and contribute to VDC budget development for tasks
assigned, track actuals vs budgets, and communicate progress to VDC
Manager for records.
- Conduct VDC and IVB tools/process training and support at the
project-level for Engineers, Managers and Superintendents.
- Participate in VDC and IVB training for peers through various
Regional training opportunities.
- Coordinate workload of VDC Interns and Co-Ops at a
- Maintain individual task VDC Metrics and verify/communicate
with VDC Manager for records.
- Document VDC lessons learned and implemented practices and
communicate to VDC Manager.
- Understand, and contribute as applicable to, Regional and
Corporate VDC goals and initiatives. Qualifications -
- BS in Engineering, Construction Management or Architecture is
required or equivalent years of industry experience.
- Process oriented, timely, and accountable to
- Team builder attitude, self-motivated problem solver, active
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, action
oriented, and effective listener.
- Strong Skill set using Revit and BIM 360
- Familiarity with authoring, analysis, and scheduling tools such
as AutoCAD Civil 3D, AutoCAD, Revizto, SketchUp or others where
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in daily
documentation programs such as Microsoft Office Suite, Bluebeam, or
others where applicable.
- Strong understanding of submittals, manufacturer data sheets,
P&IDs, existing as-built documentation and project
- Technical knowledge of piping systems: general knowledge of
different pipe materials, fittings, joints, standards, etc. For
both gravity systems and pressure systems.
- Familiarity -with construction concepts, practices, and
- Some regional travel required.
McCarthy Building Companies is proud to be an equal opportunity and
affirmative action employer regardless of race, color, gender, age,
sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religious
beliefs, marital status, genetic information, national origin,
disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected
by federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: McCarthy Building, Phoenix , VDC Engineer - Process Pipe, Engineering , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...