Test Engineer - Mechanical Design and Structural Analysis
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Driving Infinite Possibilities Within A Diversified, Global
Organization The future is what you make it! When you join
Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers,
innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the
future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an
eco-friendly way, keeping buildings safe and even making it
possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn't just about
developing cool things. That's why our employees enjoy access to
dynamic career opportunities across different fields and
Are you ready to help us make the future? The incumbent is required
to define, coordinate, and perform mechanical design and structural
analysis to enable integration/installation of test components and
modifications to any of the experimental test aircraft. The
candidate is also responsible for the preparation of engineering
drawings. Work closely with flight test engineers and technicians
to ensure timely completion of flight test projects. Assist
instrumentation engineer(s) and technicians in support of flight
test activities generally. Drive the development of flight test
procedures for numerous test programs. Assist flight operations
maintenance staff with tasks. Key Responsibilities:
- Structural design of experimental test systems.
- Coordination with maintenance and technicians for installation
of structural designs.
- Work closely with Project Engineering to understand design
requirements and implement structural designs for experimental test
- Structural analysis of experimental designs to ensure they meet
the load criteria. YOU MUST HAVE:
- Bachelors or higher degree in Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in aerospace structural design.
(structures DER with DTA would be a plus)
- Proficiency in structural analysis with both classical methods
and finite element analysis (ANSYS or equivalent)
- Familiarity with airworthiness standards of CFR 14
(specifically Part 23)
- Proficiency in 3D CAD, (Solidworks, Creo, NX)
- Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements WE VALUE:
- Familiarity with metallic and composite aerospace materials,
fasteners, and fabrication methods
- Experience creating assembly and part drawings, generating work
instructions, and writing technical reports
- Knowledge of aircraft structural/mechanical systems. Flight
Test Experience a plus.
- Strong written and oral communications skills - able to
transcend level and functions
- Strong problem solving skills including leadership
- Ability to adapt rapidly to change and to help lead change
- Strict adherence to sound engineering standards
- Technical proficiency with Microsoft Office software
- Demonstrates work safety with attention to safety of flight
- Demonstrates an understanding of the impact of tasks/processes
on assignments and utilizes schedules to meet commitments.
- Develops & demonstrates a positive & effective working
relationship with all discipline levels.
- Show respects and listens to input from co-workers
- Demonstrates commitment to providing quality data to customers
and keeps all customers well informed of their job status,
following through to ensure all aspects of the assignment are
- Willingly shares knowledge and best practices with co-workers.
- JOB ID: HRD184193
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 111 S 34th St.,Phoenix,Arizona,85034,United
- Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements. Global
(ALL) Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified
applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed,
color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability,
nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
Keywords: Honeywell, Phoenix , Test Engineer - Mechanical Design and Structural Analysis, Engineering , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!