Project Engineer, Commercial Construction
Posted on: November 25, 2022
As a Project Engineer at Graycor, you will enroll in our
Engineering Mentoring Program designed to expose you with the
critical hands-on experience necessary to build your successful
career in construction. You will receive ongoing, specialized
one-on-one training, coaching and mentoring on a variety of
challenging and interesting project assignments, and a full
rotation between departments. You will be actively involved in your
career development, making self-assessments of your progress
against established core competencies.
Engineers will typically spend 24 months in the Engineer Mentoring
Program before advancing to a new position with Graycor.
AS A PROJECT ENGINEER, YOU WILL GAIN EXPERIENCE IN THE FOLLOWING
Project Management/ Project Controls:
- Assist Project Manager and Superintendent in the efficient
control and management of the project, while ensuring safety and
quality programs are being executed on the project site.
- Develop and maintain the critical path project schedule,
including ongoing revisions. Assist the Project Manager and/or
Superintendent in the preparation of short-term look-ahead
schedules and the application of Lean Construction techniques.
- Maintain project documentation and expedite to the Owner,
Architect, and Engineers for approval. Develop and maintain a
thorough understanding of the provisions and requirements of all
contract documents, including plans, specifications, owner's
contract, subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Assist in the procurement of equipment and materials, and track
and expedite their delivery.
- Track and evaluate subcontractor and vendor performance.
Interact with subcontractors and vendors regarding technical and
contractual matters.Estimating/ Preconstruction Services:
- Assist in the preparation of estimates and quotations to obtain
project work. Assist the Project Manager and/or Estimator in bid
preparation, subcontractor/vendor solicitation, evaluation and
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THE GRAYCOR ENGINEERING MENTORING PROGRAM, YOU
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering, or
other relevant technical discipline.
- 0-3 years of relevant construction internship or
- The ability to travel extensively and temporarily reside at the
project site for extended periods of time, with travel home
provided every other weekend. Travel subsistence pay and travel
incentive bonuses may apply.
- Ambition to grow professionally and acquire new knowledge and
skills. Our most successful Engineers are motivated to succeed and
are passionate about construction across a variety of projects. Our
typical project portfolio includes retail mall development,
entertainment/ recreational, hospitality/lodging, office,
logistics/distribution and cold storage, manufacturing, and green/
LEED building industries.
- The fortitude to juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced
environment. Multi-tasking with a sense of urgency while
maintaining strong attention to detail and accuracy is
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to interact
professionally with managers, co-workers, subcontractors, and
construction craft employees.
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite. Additional basic
knowledge of scheduling, estimating and takeoff software is a plus.
We use Primavera P6, WinEst and On-Screen Takeoff.
Keywords: Graycor, Phoenix , Project Engineer, Commercial Construction, Engineering , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!