Senior Electrical Engineer - Primoris Renewable Energy
Company: Primoris Services Corporation
Posted on: September 24, 2022
As a part of growing in house engineering team at Primoris, the Sr.
Electrical Engineer will bring management, leadership and team
player approach with vast knowledge of electrical engineering
principles and construction experience. You will be responsible for
working on projects which are in detailed design phase and in
construction phase at the same time. You will be part of solar PV &
BESS electrical detailed design, EOR coordination and
communication, field construction and installation means & methods
development & optimization, Design of DC, MV and communication
collection systems, cable trench, U/G duct bank, A/G raceways.
* Will be point of contact for Project Engineers working on all
kinds of solar PV, BESS and/or substation projects.
* Create work schedule to achieve on time submission of all the
engineering deliverables for all related issues on existing
projects in design and construction phase.
* Responsible for developing/contributing detailed design concepts
for solar PV system design for awarded projects.
* Responsible for providing long term detailed design &
optimization support for solar PV system design for sole sourced
projects from clients.
* Contribution for construction details and Bill of Material for
various construction work packages within solar PV project.
* Provide support to Procurement team and Project Engineers
regarding any engineering related issues or questions for awarded
* Analyze past project data, assist with material forecasting on
* Be part of the team for creating Electrical Engineering
calculation processes for String sizing, DC and MV cable
calculations, studies, Inverter sizing and Inverter quantities for
* Get acquainted for developing preliminary design concepts based
on engineering principles for solar PV and BESS system design for
RFPs. Provide necessary support and documentation to PRE
engineering, Estimating, Business Development & Proposal team.
* Work with Estimating, Procurement, Project management &
Construction team to provide on-going support with design concepts
and design optimization of the solar PV systems.
* Develop and maintain the database for different equipment
involved in solar PV design and improve the same time to time.
* Review Utility interconnection documents like Facility studies,
interconnection agreements or Power Purchase Agreements.
* Apply innovative engineering principles for cost optimization of
utility scale solar PV & BESS systems, develop design matrices and
maintain the same for future reference.
* Work with CAD designers to guide through well designed solar PV
site layouts, single line diagrams and other design drawings and
* Attend mandatory training sessions on new products, installation
methodology, and safety.
* Use of company suggested means and methods for effective & fast
communication with internal and external teams
* Leadership and management skills to work with team for training,
guidance and career development
* Develop expertise with modules, racking, inverters and the
drivers associated for a proper design of utility scale solar PV
* Ability to understand manufacturer's design parameters,
application limitations and installation guidelines.
* Familiar with creating engineered solar PV site plans and single
line drawings (DC and AC systems).
* Ability to prioritize, multitask, and follow through on assigned
tasks and projects with minimal supervision.
* Able to work in a fast-moving environment while maintaining a
positive attitude in stressful situations.
* High level of organizational skills and professionalism.
SOFTWARE PACKAGES TO BE USED:
* Microsoft Teams for Internal Communication
* AutoCAD or AutoCAD Civil 3D
* ETAP / EasyPower / PowerFactory / PSS/E
* PVSOL (BESS Design)
* CYMCAP / AmpCalc
* Any other package as required
* BS in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited program or
any other related engineering stream.
* Professional Engineer License or ability to get one within 1
* 7 years min. work experience in Solar PV, BESS Design or other
related construction industry.
* 5+ years' experience with Electrical Engineering and/or work
related to Solar PV or any other Renewable Energy Construction
* Professional experience with Utility PV Engineering Contract
deliverables in EPC setting.
* Preferred proficiency in AutoCAD, PVsyst and Microsoft
* Electrical engineering simulation software experience a plus.
* Managerial skills to manage multiple deliverables within multi
* Leadership skills to manage multiple employees for their day to
day responsibilities and work load
* Excellent written and oral communication skills for internal and
* Ability to read and understand blueprints and specifications
* The ideal candidates are individuals who are managers, team
players, are solution-minded, and are always looking for ways to
improve processes, efficiency and communication
Keywords: Primoris Services Corporation, Phoenix , Senior Electrical Engineer - Primoris Renewable Energy, Engineering , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!