Senior Director, Propulsion Engineering
Posted on: September 23, 2022
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you
become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators,
dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That
means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way,
keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to
breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isnt just about developing
cool things. Thats why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic
career opportunities across different fields and industries. Are
you ready to help us make the future?The Sr. Director, Propulsion
Engineering serves as leader for all engineering activity
supporting all Propulsion product lines including Turbofan,
Turboshaft and Turboprop applications. This includes proposals,
cost estimation, design and analysis, development, qualification,
service introduction, factory support, and field support. This
position is accountable for project management assuring that
technical results are delivered on schedule and on budget. Further,
this position develops and adjusts tactics, plans, product and
technology roadmaps to align with Propulsion product strategy and
needs. This can be very dynamic in an ever-evolving market
landscape. Additional responsibilities include training, mentoring
and development of technical leaders; working directly with the
extended E&PS Engineering Leadership teams to execute the
programs while creating and implementing a transformational burning
platform strategy designed to dramatically reduce cycle time and
cost, leveraging a pivot to Agile methodologies, to improve
Honeywells competitiveness in the marketplace.KEY
- Leads engineering activity internal to Honeywell through
coordination with peer directors within Engines and Power Systems
(E&PS), Mechanical Systems & Components (MS&C), Electronic
Solutions (ES), with suppliers, with Organization Designation
Authorization (ODA) unit members, and with customers including the
FAA, US Army and aircraft OEMs.
- Responsible for relationships with customers, suppliers,
internal resource providers, and E&PS leadership.
- Manages a team of engineers to achieve all technical
deliverables, utilizing demonstrated experience in the design,
development, support, and integration of turbine engine systems.
This includes all system, hardware, and software aspects of turbine
- Assure that appropriate knowledge management is exercised to
maximize the transfer of knowledge to new team members and
projects. And, where needed, develop new, emerging skills within
the team to remain competitive in the turbine engine system market
space. (ie. Cyber, Certification methods, Disruptive technologies,
- Responsible for all technical deliverables including technical
achievement (performance, weight, reliability, etc.), development
schedule, development cost, and fabrication cost. Annual portfolio
costs exceed $350M.
- Continually reviews engineering projects, and the adequacy of
plans, incentives and controls. Reports performance and results to
- Approves technical content, technical commitments, and
associated cost and schedule for all proposals or change orders
(internal or external).
- Responsible for technical decision making, including, without
limitation, establishing requirements, coordinating technical
interface with customers, and advising leadership and customers on
all technical aspects and issues.
- Participates on E&PS leadership team to achieve business
- Creates environment where individual and team accomplishments
are valued and rewarded. Intellectually challenges using innovation
- Change Agent: Make measurable improvements in process maturity
related to execution of Engine development and
- Development and implementation of a Management Operating System
to drive effective and efficient communication, interfacing, and
execution of tasks & responsibilities between Propulsion Controls,
Propulsion, ISC and the Customer & Product Support
- Coordination and appropriate influence over the E&PS GBE
with the engine product line owners to ensure we have robust
roadmaps, funding strategies and partnerships as needed.MUST HAVE
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science, or Management.
- 20 years Engineering/Business/Product Development
- 10 years of Management experience.
- Due to Export Control and ITAR regulations, candidate must be
US Citizen.WE VALUE
- Skilled change agent with proven ability to drive
- Program/Project Management experience. Large scale system
development experience preferred.
- Detailed knowledge of commercial and military system
- Leadership Skills - decision making, customer management,
driving results, team building, and bias for action.
- Prioritizes time and resources effectively.
- Customer focused Current relationships with major OEMs or
Defense Customers is desired. Track record of building customer
- Demonstrated team building and process standardization
- Demonstrated ability to maneuver in the face of conflict or
- Skilled in creating order and structure in an uncertain or
- Mature leader: able to impose a management operating system
which minimizes bureaucracy while still satisfying required
procedures, program management principles, and contractual
- Ability to effectively influence others, strong delegation
abilities, good mentoring skills.
- Strong bias for action, high energy level, detail oriented and
analytical thinker. Comfortable working on many projects in
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal & communication skills are
keys to success. Must be able to be a driver while maintaining
strong collaborative relationships and clear roles and
responsibilities with team members and stakeholders.
- Able to identify the critical few issues on any effort and
drive them to resolution to assure overall success.
- Skilled in leading and communicating across multiple functions
and organization levels. Able to communicate effectively from the
individual contributor level to the Executive Leadership
- Able to travel up to 20% of the time.Honeywell is an equal
opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered
without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin,
ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or
Keywords: Honeywell, Phoenix , Senior Director, Propulsion Engineering, Engineering , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!