Civil Engineer in Training
Posted on: August 8, 2022
CIVIL ENGINEER / EITDibble employs the industry's finest
engineers, designers, and planners, providing expertise and valued
resources for municipalities, private clients, federal, state, and
local agencies. Dibble is looking for a skillful and highly
motivated Engineer- in-Training to join our Land Development Team.
This is an opportunity for you to join our fine group of respected
professionals. SUMMARY:This role of Engineer-in-Training is
responsible for technical engineering tasks including conceptual
and final design, plan preparation, contract documents,
specifications, data collection/analysis, and documentation and
engineering calculations using prescribed methods. Under the
direction of Practicing Engineers, this position will work with
clients and sub-consultants to develop design criteria and perform
a wide variety of skilled professional engineering
- Perform engineering design using Autodesk Civil3D.
- Prepare construction documents under the direction of a Project
Engineer or Project Manager.
- Coordination of CAD files and design with internal and external
- Tabulate and address client review comments from
- Utilize in-house methods of quality control to complete
- Incorporate applicable technical knowledge for added value to
- Strengthen technical knowledge through on-the-job, informal and
- Ensure appropriate reference material is utilized at all
- Coordinate and organize project documentation.
- Participate in monthly meetings and weekly project
- Ensure all work is completed in conformance with company
standards, policies, and procedures.
- Comply with Health & Safety Program, with a focus on safety in
field activities.MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:Qualifications:Candidate will
enjoy working in a team-oriented environment and have a strong
commitment to the Values of the Company. This role will have the
ability to participate in complex and high value projects, work on
multiple projects simultaneously without sacrificing quality or
effectiveness, make sound decisions for the benefit of the project
and the Company, and be able to consistently meet project deadlines
while maintaining a high level of quality. This candidate will
effectively communicate to all levels of the project team including
technicians, engineers, sub-consultants, and clients in a
professional and respectful manner.
- Sound technical skills, with focus on accurate design
calculations and analysis.
- Possess excellent writing and verbal skills.
- Demonstrate strong computer skills and the ability to quickly
implement new systems.
- Communicate project status to project team and clients.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite
(including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for
communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees
- Must possess a strong work ethic and a commitment to
continually progress in engineering knowledge and skills.
- Ability to work well in a team atmosphere interacting
professionally with other employees and clients.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, analytical and problem
solving skills are essential.
- Excellent attention to detail and directions.Education and
- Must have a bachelor's degree in Civil, Environmental or
Mechanical Engineering, from an accredited University.
- Engineer-In Training (EIT) registration in Arizona is
- Prior civil engineering experience is preferred.
- Prior experience working in Civil3D is preferred.LOCATION: This
opportunity is in our Phoenix office location -- but may also be
open to Goodyear, Mesa, or Tucson.COMPENSATION: Salary depends on
level of skills and experience.ABOUT DIBBLE Founded in 1962, we
provide a full range of civil engineering services to public and
private sector clients across Arizona, Colorado, and the
Southwestern United States. Our broad market expertise offers the
ability to deliver complete engineering solutions from concept to
closeout. Our business is built on honesty, ethics, accountability,
quality, and service.Our people-focused culture is important, and
we consider our employees to be our greatest asset. This culture is
why we have so many long-term employees that have been with our
firm between 15 and 35 years. Our employees enjoy an
industry-leading benefits program, the ability to balance their
home and work life, opportunities for growth and development,
company activities, and various opportunities to give back through
community service.Dibble is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran
Keywords: Dibble, Phoenix , Civil Engineer in Training, Engineering , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!