Apprentice, Service Technician
Company: OnPoint Group
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Full-time, Full-time, Full-time
Miner Limited is an industry leading, dock & door service and
equipment solutions provider with branch-based operations across
the country. Miner is part of the OnPoint Group, awarded the "Best
Managed Company" for 2020 by Deloitte and named to the Inc. 5000
list of fastest-growing companies for the 7th consecutive year.
Miner drives down the cost of warehousing and material management
operations, saving customers revenue and time by understanding
their business, finding efficiencies in their operation, providing
faster systems' repairs, and delivering expertly executed scheduled
maintenance. For more than 20 years, Miner has consistently
delivered professional emergency maintenance service, equipment
analysis and proactive preventative maintenance solutions to
companies throughout North America. Miner solutions leave their
customers more time to focus on their core business - not on the
business of maintenance and material management.
The Service Professional, Apprentice will be responsible for
assisting experienced Service Professionals in the servicing,
installing, and repairing various industrial equipment. Successful
Apprentices develop skills to become independent Service
Professionals within a year or less.
* All responsibilities will be taught and supervised by Lead
At Miner Ltd. we believe that our people are what makes us great
and helps us deliver exceptional customer service. We offer
industry leading benefits to include:
Full benefits package that starts day one! This includes medical,
dental, and vision insurance
401K, company-paid life insurance and disability coverage
Uniform and boot allowance
Paid Holidays and Personal Time Off
Training and mentoring - Learn from our experts in the industry
* The benefits listed are subject to change at any time. Please
speak with an HR Representative for details. In the case of
conflict between the information listed and the official plan
documents, the plan documents will always govern.
Key Job Responsibilities
* Perform routine preventative maintenance.
* Troubleshoot industrial equipment, mechanisms, mechanical systems
and electrical circuits.
* Perform service, maintenance, repair and installation on:
Commercial doors; Loading docks; and general warehouse
* Provide Information and recommend services to the Sales team.
* Manage work orders (paper and digital) for each job in a timely
* Perform hazard assessments and maintain a high standard of safe
work practices and quality control.
* Follow company and OSHA safety rules and guidelines. Avoid
injuries and damage to property, loss of unused materials and
clean-up of work area debris.
* Completes all necessary company training in a timely manner.
* Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Key Performance Measurements
* A score card that reflects performance in areas such as safety,
completion time for projects, customer satisfaction, and issue
* Management observation regarding attitude, diligence, team
contributions, and willingness & ability to learn new skills and
* Other key metrics prescribed by Miner Corp leadership, resulting
in positive customer and Company impact.
o Experience with electrical wiring systems in a commercial or
o Able to read blueprints and technical diagrams to show locations
of circuits, outlets, load centers, panel boards and other
o Experience installing and connecting wires to circuit breakers,
transformers, outlets and other components.
o Experience joining metal parts together, working on various
components and equipment.
o Able to use different types of welding: Metal Inert Gas (MIG) or
Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW); Arc Welding or Shielded Metal Arc
Welding (SMAW); Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) or Gas Tungsten Arc
Welding (GTAW); and Flux-Cored Arc Welding (FCAW).
* Experience with steel fabrication is preferred but not
* Experience with hydraulics and pneumatics is preferred but not
* Experience in: Mechanical; Commercial; and Industrial
* Able to work without supervision. Occasionally, will work in a
* Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds and
with diverse needs and across remote offices.
* Complete service reports, time-cards and parts ordering.
* Strong communication, problem solving, and analytical skills.
* Technical school training and OEM certification a plus. Examples
of training would include: AAADM; Rytec; Entrematic; etc.
* Must have schedule flexibility, as services may be performed
during evenings, weekends or holidays.
* Ability to work overtime.
* High School Diploma or GED is required.
* Must have a valid A, B or C Driver's License with a Department of
Motor Vehicles (DMV) driving record acceptable to insurance
* Must be able to pass a standard Department of Transportation
* The selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal
history background check.
* This job description is subject to change at any time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to wear approved Personal Protective
Equipment (PPE), carry tools, use hands to maneuver, handle or
feel, and hear and talk. The employee frequently is required to
walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally
required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee
must occasionally lift and/or move tools and equipment up to 100
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Employees must
maintain a high level of self-awareness about their surroundings
due to the high level of high voltage AC/DC power in the work
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. The work is performed in various
locations, including warehouses, distribution centers,
manufacturing plants, refineries and hospital settings. Employees
may work with co-workers' side-by-side with a moderate level of
activity being performed. Exposure to high voltage AC/DC power is
very common in many work environments. The noise level in the work
environment is moderate to high.
Miner Ltd. considers applicants for all positions without regard to
race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age,
disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any
other legally protected status.
Keywords: OnPoint Group, Phoenix , Apprentice, Service Technician, Engineering , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!