Civil Project Engineer
Company: Sunland Asphalt
Posted on: November 22, 2021
SUNLAND ASPHALTSeal the deal with your new career!Come join our
Award Winning Team.
Sunland Asphalt & Construction, LLC. strives to recruit top talent
and we are committed to help you grow both professionally and
personally. We are confident you will find our Company a dynamic
and rewarding place in which to work because here at Sunland
Asphalt our vision is: 'To be the best place in the world to
Voted as one of Phoenix Business Journal's 'Best Places to Work,'
Sunland offers employees:
- Competitive Weekly Pay and Paid Time Off
- 401(K) with Employer Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Work/Life Balance and Community Involvement
- Comprehensive Health Benefits including; Health, Dental,
- Life/Disability Insurances
- Award Winning Peers & Projects
- And A Foundation Built on Safety
POSITION PURPOSEThe Project Engineer will work directly for the
Project Managers on heavy civil construction projects. The
successful candidate must have a basic understanding of project
management, site development and critical path scheduling.ESSENTIAL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Employee shall perform all duties and responsibilities with
Sunland's Core Values at the forefront.
- Must be an advocate of safety and follow safety policies and
- Collaborate with Project Manager and Superintendents to ensure
resources (human, material and equipment) are accurately accounted
- Assist the Project Managers with daily duties and tasks.
- Support field crews daily assignments.
- Actively participate in job-site and safety meetings and all
Company related training.
- Attend weekly production meetings and coordinate with Project
- Assist with Pre-Construction and Scheduling Meetings.
- Perform project cost accounting functions.
- Coordinate and verify Traffic Control Plans are setup according
to project Traffic Control Plans.
- Complete administrative tasks promptly and efficiently.
- Develop and modify work processes to ensure the highest
standards for quality, productivity, and profitability.
- The employee must be able operate vehicles and trailers in a
safe manner in compliance with local, state and federal traffic
laws, and must be able to operate equipment, machinery and other
tools in compliance with safety guidelines.
- Represent the Company and interact professionally with
customers, vendors, sub-contractors and the public.
- Supervises subcontractors to ensure that work meets quality
standards and adheres to specifications.
- Document any Safety incidents or near misses and notify Project
- Any and all other duties assigned. Please note this job
description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive
listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required
of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and
activities may change at any time with or without
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.COMPETENCIES
- Collaboration Skills, Communication Proficiency and
- Critical thinker who proactively anticipates problems and is
solution oriented in approach.
- Leadership, Decision Making and Ethical Conduct.
- Problem Solving and Thoroughness.
- Project Management and Time Management.SAFETY
- This position is considered a safety-sensitive position and is
subject to the company's drug and alcohol policy, as well as all
- All employees must wear the appropriate personal protective
- Serves as a safety ambassador by complying with federal, state
and local laws, as well as Company safety policy, enforces safe
work practices, and proactively identifies and remedies worksite
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This position operates at professional construction sites and
in professional office environments, requiring the uses of standard
office equipment, the ability to communicate verbally with others
on site, in person and over the telephone, ability to read printed
materials, signs, computer screens and directions, stamina to
maintain attention to details despite interruptions, ability to
lift, push, pull, carry, handle or feel objects, supplies, tools,
machinery and/or controls weighing up to 50 pounds and reach with
hands and arms; climb stairs and/or ladders; balance, bend, stoop,
kneel, crouch, crawl, lift overhead, traverse around or otherwise
position one's self around the required work and safety
requirements to navigating and perform activities on various
construction sites in a safe manner.
- Will be required to work on project sites and operate vehicles,
trailers, machinery, equipment and other tools within local, state
and federal safety guidelines.
- Will be required to work outside, frequently for long periods
of time in all weather, including extreme hot and cold
- While working, the employee might be exposed to various
chemicals, vapors, pollutants, virus or other air-borne pathogens,
gases, uneven surfaces, loud noises, moving vehicles or machines
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
- This is a full time position. Occasional evening and weekend
work may be required as job duties demand.
- Must be willing to travel to any and all jobsites without
exception (including staying away from home if necessary.)
- The majority of work will be in the field meeting with
customers; must be able to travel/ drive to job sites and client
meetings daily.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSEducation and Work Experience
- Bachelor's degree in the field of Construction Management or
Civil Engineering and/or 2- 5 years' Civil Concrete or related
- Previous heavy construction or Concrete industry experience is
- Proficient at Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point,
Outlook), Good understanding MS Project Scheduling software or
- Must have strong mathematical skills and be able to perform
complex computations for layout design and material
- Broad understanding of project management, budgeting,
scheduling, resource allocation and contract administration is
- OSHA safety training a plus, no certifications needed.
- Must be fluent in English, i.e., must be able to speak, read
and write English.
Certifications, Licenses, and Requirements
- Must have a valid driver's license and a clean motor-vehicle
- Passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening and
background check is required.AAP/EEO STATEMENTSunland Asphalt is an
equal employment opportunity employer.
Keywords: Sunland Asphalt, Phoenix , Civil Project Engineer, Engineering , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!