Senior DevOps Engineer (Remote)
Company: IDS International
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Senior Dev Ops Engineer
Today's virtual training environments are segmented and
simplistic-the opposite of the real-world's complex and integrated
cyber battlefield. When even the most subtle input can influence
every other facet of an operation, the one-dimensional training
provided to our armed forces is not only outdated, it flat-out
fails to equip them to outpace the operational tempo of the
rapidly-evolving multi-domain battlefield. In the virtual arena,
new threats emerge every day. IDS provides the tools for
warfighters and cyber operators not just to prepare for them, but
to anticipate the risks and to be ready for them when they
Social Media Environment and Internet Replication (SMEIR---), a
product of IDS International Government Services, is a digital
training solution that provides a full-range, free-play, immersive,
realistic and scalable operational practice environment in which
warfighters simultaneously train on full-spectrum cyberspace
operations and social media analytics during integrated and
IDS International is seeking a Senior Dev Ops Engineer to join our
growing team and build out the next generation of our internet
simulation platform, called SMEIR. Our extensive software suite is
deployed into cyber-training exercises in various environments
including AWS (GovCloud) and private server clusters. The Senior
Dev Ops Engineer will be tasked to manage, improve, and operate our
deployment system which launches Docker containers on Kubernetes,
and in some cases uses Ansible to deploy Kubernetes pods. We use
Slack, Jira and Git for project and software management. Our main
office is in Arlington, VA with remote opportunities available for
the right candidate.
- Implement and maintain continuous integration and continuous
delivery for a wide variety of applications.
- Install, configure, and administer Kubernetes clusters.
- Install, configure, and administer services for the Development
team, including VMs, networks, testing hardware, and development
and testing environments.
- Create and maintain Helm packages for Kubernetes following
current best practices.
- Implement and maintain automation and orchestration scripts
written in Ansible and Terraform.
- Participate in architectural reviews and encourage the use of
best practices within the development team.
- Conduct automated tests, including integration and load
- Analyze the results of integration and load tests to identify
system faults or performance concerns.
- Configure system performance monitoring and automated alerting
- Minimum five (5) years' experience with:
- Linux installation and administration and
- Cloud or on-prem virtualization platforms (e.g.: AWS,
- Minimum three (3) years' experience with:
- MongoDB or other NoSQL database in a production
- Shell, Python, Perl or other common scripting language,
- System performance monitoring and analysis.
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience with:
- Docker and Kubernetes, including the installation and
configuration of clusters,
- Microservices architecture,
- Conducting and analyzing the results of load testing,
- Infrastructure as code, and
- IP networking.
- Must hold US citizenship.
- Active Top Secret clearance.
- Professional experience in full-stack software
- Scrum/agile development methodologies.
- Artificial intelligence / machine learning.
- Familiarity with a variety of build processes.
- Familiarity with git-flow and git submodules.
- Professional experience with:
- Network security, and
- IP routing protocols.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience managing and configuring Microsoft Windows and
Employee needs to be able to sit at a workstation for extended
periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls;
reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Most positions require
ability to work on desktop or laptop computer for extended periods
of time reading, reviewing/analyzing information, and providing
recommendations, summaries and/or reports in written format. Must
be able to effectively communicate with others verbally and in
writing. Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move
moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular
and predictable attendance is essential.
Must be an effective communicator both verbally and in writing.
Most positions require ability to work on a desktop or laptop
computer for extended periods of time. Computer activities include
reading, reviewing and analyzing information, as well as providing
recommendations, summaries, and reports in written or verbal
format. Additionally, positions require ability to sit at a
workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel
objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; as well as
speak and hear.
Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move moderate
amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular and
predictable attendance is essential.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected
veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by federal,
state, and local law.
Full vaccination against COVID-19, and compliance with the
Company's vaccination verification procedures, is required for this
position, unless the individual is legally entitled to a reasonable
If you are unable to apply through the portal and need to speak to
someone about necessary accommodations to apply, please email
email@example.com and we will follow up with you.
Do not submit resumes and applications through this email.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: IDS International, Phoenix , Senior DevOps Engineer (Remote), Engineering , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!