UI Engineer - Cloud Engineering
Company: American Express
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a
American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for
over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting
access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges
and reap the greatest rewards.
We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing
a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what
they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow
their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend
with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a
new career path, we're right there with them, giving them the
guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to
back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
About American Express Cloud Engineering
American Express Cloud Engineering provides a comprehensive
platform that enables business critical applications to have Faster
Time-to-Market for American Express. Cloud Engineering offers
dynamic rapid code-to-development models and services such as
DB-as-a-Service, Analytics-as-a-Service, Messaging-as-a-Service,
CICD Pipelines, etc. for application developers in a hybrid cloud
environment. Cloud Engineering enables Application developers to
write modern scalable cloud native applications.
American Express is embarking on an exciting Hybrid Cloud
transformation journey and is in search of an innovative and
critical thinking engineers to build our Hybrid Cloud Platform.
About This Role And Responsibilities
This position will report into the 'PaaS API/UI & Orchestration'
Cloud Engineering team.
In this UI Engineer role, you will be part of a talented team
responsible for building scalable, highly reactive and responsive
Next Gen Cloud Portal, while also gaining experience and getting
exposure to many other open source products as required.
Your primary responsibilities will be to develop technical UI
solutions to enhance the American Express Hybrid Cloud platform,
with a focus on building Delightful User/Developer Experience
through cloud portals.
- Collaborate with the rest of the UI team, the backend
engineering team, quality engineering tam and product management to
build a highly engaging UI that exceeds user expectations.
- Develop deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and
platforms, such as single sign-on and API integrations.
- Research and apply recent UI technology and libraries that
enable lean product development.
- Implement the best software practices that produce maintainable
code, including usability patterns, code style conformity,
integration, unit testing, and code review.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and takes pride in how
fast they develop working software
- Preferably a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or
- 3+ years of experience in front-end development.
- Standout colleague. Good communication skills.
- Strong HTML, CSS, JSON, React.js, Angular. js, JQuery,
Bootstrap and Node.js framework skills.
- Recent experience with developing React applications in
combination with Redux and Next.js
- Deep understanding of CI process and tools like - npm, yarn,
- Strong REST API design/ integrate skills.
- Understanding of CSS preprocessing languages.
- Successful track record of developing advanced user interfaces.
Experience writing web applications and Dashboards for visualizing
- Familiar with agile application development methods.
Understanding of QE processes in general.
- Experience with CD tools and processes: Git, Jenkins, Docker,
Code Integration, Code Reviews.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is
required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes
employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status
protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 23, 2021, 8:54:33 PM
Keywords: American Express, Phoenix , UI Engineer - Cloud Engineering, Engineering , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!