Civil, Electrical, Mechanical Engineers - BIA NM
Company: Project Solutions Inc
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Project Solutions, Inc.:
Our Core Value Culture is built on the foundation of Safety,
Respect, Integrity, Accountability, Collaboration, and Inclusion.
PSI's Core Values guide our business, our employees, and our
relationships with customers and partners. We embrace these values
as a way to not only be a better business, but to be a preferred
place to work. We are looking for candidates who align with our
Core Value Culture and eager to become a part of a growing team,
focused on delivering the very best in customer service while
meeting the needs of clients. This is an exciting opportunity to be
a part of a large nationwide project making a big impact throughout
the USA. This position is in Albuquerque with some travel to
Position Title: Project Engineer Support Services
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Neighboring the Sandia Mountains and Cibola National Forest,
Albuquerque is known for being one of the most culturally diverse
cities in the South West. It is home to museums, trails, festivals,
and lively cuisine.
The Project Engineer will make recommendations for solution of
problems concerned with nationwide building designs, construction,
or improvements. This position also monitors and tracks progress of
designated construction projects in support of the assigned project
manager and provides routine reports of accomplishments to
appropriate officials and offices.
The purpose of this position is to assist in the review and
assessment of existing BIA (Bureau of Indian Affairs), BIE (Bureau
of Indian Education), and Tribally operated facilities on current
building conditions, infrastructure, and classroom sizes and
quantity, and make recommendations to BIA for proposed solutions,
move forward with planning and design package.
If you are a Civil, Mechanical, or Electrical engineer with
technical expertise in construction and building design, we need
Responsibilities and duties:
- Supports the initiation of projects or provides technical
onsite assistance in identifying and/or verifying facility
conditions, repair estimates and timetables.
- Supports development of budget estimates and justifications for
requests, and verifies the already identified work/conditions
submitted by facility managers during onsite inspections and
- Reviews design for projects in terms of client needs to include
cultural, socioeconomic, demographic and technical considerations
and cost considerations.
- Develop plans and conceptual design solutions for renovations
and improvements to facilities.
- Evaluates and recommends potential solutions renovations and
improvements of existing facilities.
- Reviews proposed sites for a project, evaluates, and makes
recommendations as to adequacy with regard to topography,
subsurface conditions, utilities such as water, sewer, gas,
electric power and heating systems, and development costs, and
- Assists with the development and review of construction
documents to detail the project structure, mechanical and
- Assists with the technical portion of design and/or
construction contracts as well as the administration of the
contracts with architect-engineer firms.
- Performing onsite final or substantial completion inspections
and evaluations of actual conditions of existing and/or recently
- Inspect and report building's functional adequacy; compliance
to code requirements, including life safety, health, handicap
access, energy conservation, environment and utilities.
Required education, knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge of the fundamental engineering principles, concepts
- Government experience preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of site planning, building design and
construction means, methods and codes, scheduling, material and
labor cost estimating sufficient to evaluate general compliance
environmental health, safety and protection requirements.
- Average agility and dexterity. Duties will include moderate
walking over rough, uneven or slippery surfaces, recurring bending,
crouching, stooping, stretching, climbing ladders or similar
activities, recurring lifting of moderately heave objects less than
50 lbs. and regular visits to construction sites.
- Must pass a pre-employment background check
- Ability to acquire a security clearance.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering
- 10 years' related experience
- Valid driver's license
- Travel and relocation may be required
Project Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, women,
individuals with disabilities, protected veterans and minorities
are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Project Solutions Inc, Phoenix , Civil, Electrical, Mechanical Engineers - BIA NM, Engineering , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!