Senior Engineer - DW/ETL
Company: American Express
Posted on: February 24, 2021
You Lead the Way. We've Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people
and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways.
Whether we're supporting our customers' financial confidence to
move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people
to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining
what's possible - and we're proud to back each other every step of
the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse
community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to
deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
- Serving as a core member of an Agile team that leads user story
analysis and elaboration, designs and develops software
- Responsible for the Applications Architecture / Technical
design & build, work/coordinate with other team's Architect,
Engineers and vendors as necessary.
- Writing code and unit tests, automation, and conducting code
reviews and testing.
- Identifying exciting Technology modernization opportunities for
adopting new open source-based Technology tools & products to solve
existing needs and predicting future challenges.
- Performing ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization
and other techniques to fast track concepts, and delivering
- Working with Product Managers to prioritize features for
ongoing sprints and managing a list of Technical requirements based
on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and
- Strong contributor in complex Data Warehousing and Business
Intelligence project implementations.
- Proven experience in working directly with business
- Data analysis skills - ability to dig in and understand complex
models and Business processes.
- Data profiling experience.
- Defining and implementing Data Integration Architecture.
- Proven problem-solving / problem-resolution abilities.
- Manage your own time, and work well both independently and as
part of a team.
- Quickly generate and updating proof of concepts for testing and
- Embrace emerging Technology standards while promoting best
- 7+ years of experience with Data Warehouse ETL design,
development and maintenance with successful implementation of large
Enterprise BI solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or
equivalent is required.
- Demonstrated experience in Agile Development, Application
Design, Software Development, and Testing.
- Should have good work Technical knowledge and experience in
- Highly proficient in SQL and PL/SQL , PostgreSql ; Skilled at
optimizing large complicated SQL statements ; Strong SQL skills
including complex query building and query performance
- Strong UNIX shell scripting skills.
- Should have at least more than 2 + Technical implementation
experience in large-scale enterprise applications. Experience in
handing huge volume of Data ingestion, processing and
- Profound knowledge of Data Warehousing design
- Working experiencing on appliance based BI / Datawarehouse
platform like Netezza , Yellowbrick preferred.
- Strong Knowledge of logical and physical Data Modeling
(relational, dimensional data modeling).
- Provide Technical recommendations to improve efficiency of Data
Management /ETL process.
- Strong dB query optimization & performance tuning skills. The
ability to quickly and efficiently analyze and resolve performance
issues within variety of operational environments.
- Create proactive alerts/notifications to identify when data
load anomalies occur.
- Create/ maintain database objects such as tables, views,
indexes, constraints, and SQL code, and stored procedures and shell
- Knowledgebase with Java/J2EE, and Spring and building RESTful
- Knowledge in Object Oriented Analysis and Design across a
variety of platforms.
- Thorough understanding of XML, JSON, Web Service technologies,
and data structure fundamentals.
- Working experience on modern relational, non-relational
database like NoSql, Couchbase, PostgreSQL , MemSQL.
- Ensure data quality and integrity within each data set and
support linkage to other appropriate data sets in consistent
manner. This includes testing and validating any new database
design against previous data structures.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data concerning production
volumes, batch schedules, and i/o statistics.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external
Highly collaborative, self-starter, technical contributor,
outstanding communication practices.
Data analysis experience is a bug plus.
- Experience using ETL such as Talend , Informatica.
- Experience in open source tool and design pattern.
- Support on-loading/off-loading data to/from Hadoop
- Working experience in Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Spark,
Kafka, MAPR (plus), NoSQL).
- Knowledgeable and experienced with scripting languages such as
- Knowledgeable and experienced with in-memory computation and
data virtualization tools & techniques.
- Experience with DevOps tools, automating engineering and
- Expertise in troubleshooting complex OS, database, file system,
network configuration, and application & web server
- Experience with a broad range of software languages and
Financial business domain knowledge will be a plus.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is
required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes
employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status
protected by law
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 16, 2021, 11:36:42 AM
Keywords: American Express, Phoenix , Senior Engineer - DW/ETL, Engineering , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!