Sr. Lead Information Security Engineer
Posted on: May 24, 2020
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications
provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more
than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience,
CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by
solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure
connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted
partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity
and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that
help protect their business.
We are currently seeking a Senior Lead Engineer of Information
Security, to join the Global Security organization. In this role,
you will be a key member of a team that builds technology to
protect the world's largest companies, governments, and millions of
homes from advanced security threats - while maximizing our
competitiveness in the market. We are looking for a skilled,
hands-on engineer with career interest in security and motivation
to own the engineering testing, certification and design of
CenturyLink security solutions.The Main Responsibilities
- Security Product Engineering - Researches, evaluates,
engineers, develops, troubleshoots, and supports solutions and
infrastructure for the company's Managed Security portfolio,
including endpoint security and integration with the IP network
- Technical Documentation and Test Procedures - Defines and
executes repeatable test procedures, creation of technical
documentation and delivery of scalable standards for all
implementation, provisioning and support functions.
- Solution Design - Responsibility for independent engineering
design to include collaboration with the Product Management,
Product Development, Architecture and Tier1 and Tier2 Operations
staff on engineering design, testing and operational implementation
of complex security solutions.
- Develop New Capabilities - Independently, and collaboratively,
provides input regarding network and security infrastructure
capabilities and future possibilities to conceptualize new products
- Improve Existing Processes - Assesses security operational
processes to identify opportunities to optimize, enhance and
automate processes to achieve the greatest impact.
- Security Product Support - Ensure ongoing scale, management and
monitoring of deployed solutions.
- Lifecycle Management - Define process and support all platform
lifecycle management, to include the yearly audit functions, end of
lifecycle platform, customer migration and equipment
- Vendor Relations - Develops partnerships with key equipment
suppliers. Communicates requirements, guidance and vision to the
vendor community to develop, implement and support security
- Demonstrate Company's Values - maintains a positive open
demeanor, encourages different points of view; provides timely
information; communicates context for business decisions; fosters
teamwork and collaboration.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Confident and mature individual with a high degree of energy,
enthusiasm and a can do attitude to achieve outstanding, timely,
and quality results and operate at the highest levels of excellence
and process efficiency.
- Must possess broad technical knowledge of current and emerging
technologies used both within the service provider security, data
center, and network infrastructure.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills to
successfully interact as a member of the engineering team and
effectively collaborate in a diverse, multi-functional
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage vendor and contract
resources in the best interests of the Company .
- Experience using industry leading security solutions and
technologies to deliver customer facing services:
- Access control and firewalls/UTM devices including Web
Application Firewall (WAF), Web Content Filtering, Intrusion
Detection and Prevention (IDS/IPS) systems, Remote Network Access
(IPsec VPN, SSL), Anti-Virus and Anti-Spam (AV/AS), Email and
- Distributed Denial of Service Architecture (DDoS), Flow and
- Experience with integrated network architectures, data center
architectures, and cloud technologies.
- Must have current, hands-on experience with Fortinet platforms.
Experience with chassis-based and/or ultra-high end (100G)
- Experience with automation tools such as Ansible, Salt, Puppet,
- Experience working with government programs, employees, and
- Must be eligible to obtain a security clearance. Preference to
candidates with an existing S clearance.
- 10+ years of progressively expanding responsibilities and
experience in telecommunications, networking, technology management
or security operations.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or
related field, or equivalent experience.
- Strong preference to candidates with federal TIC (Trusted
Internet Connections) or MTIPS (Managed Trusted Internet Protocol
- Strong preference to candidates with SOC (Security Operations
Center) engineering and deployment experience.
- Hands-on experience with accreditation and acceptance processes
for complex, integrated solutions in a DOD or federal government
- Working experience with Managed Security Services platforms and
solutions, such as multitenant log management, vulnerability
scanning and reporting, e-mail security, key/certificate
management, customer security service portal, etc.
- Working experience with data center platforms, such as service
provider edge/core devices, Ethernet switch platforms, load
- Experience with software development, and automation of
testing, troubleshooting and provisioning tasks.
- Professional/technical certifications, such as CISSP, CISM or
- Knowledge of project management practices and experience with
agile development process.
Alternate Location: US-Arizona-Phoenix; US-Arizona-Tempe;
US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-Colorado-Littleton; US-Minnesota-St
Paul; US-Ohio-Dublin; US-Virginia-Arlington;
Requisition #: 224133
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment.
A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do
not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions,
including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits,
discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: CenturyLink, Phoenix , Sr. Lead Information Security Engineer, Engineering , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!