Company: Transdev Inc
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Transdev North America is the largest private sector operator of
multiple modes of transit in North America, providing bus, rail,
paratransit, shuttle, sedan and taxi services. We manage over 200
transportation contracts for cities, transit authorities and
airports, providing safe and sustainable mobility solutions. Our
mission is to improve public transportation, to enhance quality of
life and combat global warming. Overview of Position: Safely
performs inspections and repairs to transit vehicles to ensure the
highest quality transit delivery service to customers.
* Ensures buses operate in a safe, comfortable, like-new condition
by performing high quality maintenance repairs and inspections.
* Performs preventative maintenance inspections and repair on
revenue and non-revenue vehicles, to include heavy and light duty
* Diagnoses and repairs mechanical, electrical, HVAC, pneumatic,
and hydraulic systems.
* Rebuild engines, transmissions and other components.
* Performs road calls, on-the-road repairs, and road tests as
* Keeps assigned work area clean.
* Carries company DOT card and Class B driver license at all times
while on duty.
* Other related duties as assigned.
* Other duties as required.
Education, Licensing, and Certifications :
Education: This position requires a high school diploma or
Education Preferred: Graduation from a diesel trade school
Field and years of experience required:
* Three to five years' recent bus or heavy duty truck repair
Skills and Knowledge Required:
* Strong knowledge of HVAC systems, and various heavy equipment
engines, transmissions, starting and charging systems, air brake
systems, electrical systems, and component overhaul procedures
* Ability to operate hoists, machine tools and other related
* Must demonstrate the ability to work in a safe manner.
* Must be able to comprehend parts books and maintenance manuals,
and accurately complete any necessary reports or other
* Must possess basic computer knowledge.
* Because this position requires operation of transit vehicles, a
valid Class B driver license with Passenger endorsement and
excellent motor vehicle record must be maintained.
* Current DOT certification must be maintained.
* Must satisfactorily complete job-related musculoskeletal screen.
Use of personal tools required.
* Drug testing and background check
* Testing related to job requirements
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Due to
the possibility of equipment changes (such as through purchases,
replacements, etc.), the physical demands listed may require
modification from time-to-time without notice. Reasonable
accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions:
Physical Demands :
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required
to stand and walk for extended periods of time, use hands and
fingers to handle small parts, push buttons, reach with hands and
arms; use legs and feet to climb ladders and stairs. Must lift 55
pounds from floor to bus; lift/carry 15 lbs up to 100'; push/pull
50 lbs up to 8'; torque 100 lbs. wheel lug; be able to squat; and
move the steering wheel and operate pedals freely while seated in
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to
weather conditions prevalent at the time, which can be very hot in
the summer months and cold during the winter months. The noise
level in the work environment can be moderate to loud. Vibrations
and fumes or airborne particles may also be present.
For more information please visit our website at
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and
welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and
impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data,
gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally
protected status, or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster:
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work
in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to
pass a drug screen and background check
Posted Date1 week ago(1/3/2020 2:58 PM)
Keywords: Transdev Inc, Phoenix , Mechanic, Engineering , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!