Education Program Director
Company: Ombudsman Educational Services LTD
Posted on: November 19, 2023
???? Starting Salary: $75,000 - $80,000Ombudsman Educational
Services, a growing, dynamic organization with a social mission to
offer hope, is seeking a School Principal to join our award-winning
team and perform meaningful work in a culture that welcomes
innovation, encourages creative expression and offers limitless
potential for personal and professional satisfaction!If you thrive
in a fast-paced, goal-oriented, outcome-driven environment, seek a
career with genuine purpose, and possess a problem-solving mindset,
a sense of humor, and a stellar work ethic We Should Talk! ??As the
School Principal, you are first and foremost responsible for
increasing student achievement by consistently ensuring the
implementation of instructional practices and strategies endorsed
by Chancelight Education and in accordance with Ombudsman policies.
As the instructional leader, you will supervises site staff to
assure quality instruction is delivered and Ombudsman policies and
procedures are implemented in an effective and efficient
manner.This position oversees all site operations and functions as
the liaison between the site and the school districts designated
site contacts by establishing and maintaining positive,
interactive, working relationships.? Responsibilities Include:
- Providing vision and leadership to support student achievement
and effective operations by supervising staff, developing and
implementing performance management plans, identifying professional
learning needs and participating in professional learning
- Providing individual and group counseling sessions to address
interpersonal or family issues that interfere with school
performance, including crisis intervention consultation and/or
family therapy as needed.
- Participating in the employment process to ensure an effective
site team is in place.
- Providing guidance, consultation, and assistance to teachers in
the development of classroom schedules, maintenance of student data
systems and facilitation of student transition plans to assure
appropriate schedules and services based on each students
- Consulting with and assisting teachers in the classroom with
teaching students social, problem-solving, and conflict resolution
- Providing supervision through assigning work, helping create
personal development plans, consistently monitoring and evaluating
employee effectiveness and communicating and coaching employee
- Actively recognizing accomplishments and addressing issues to
ensure productive site operations.
- Ensuring a safe learning environment for students and staff by
maintaining site and classroom operation and following guidelines
for addressing/reporting issues and incidents.
- Maintaining compliance with contract and specific state
requirements, ensuring that all staff are knowledgeable of the
specific success criteria outlined in the contract and any
requirements set forth by the state.
- Performing a wide range of managerial responsibilities
including, but not limited to: staff supervision, scheduling,
technology, and facility.
- Representing Ombudsman at community, district and local
- Communicating and collaborating with families, district and
- Analyzing the professional development needs of staff and
aligning implementation with the instructional vision and Ombudsman
and district goals.
- Demonstrating effective leadership, team building, and written
- Instructing, monitoring and evaluating teachers and students in
the use of learning materials and equipment to ensure fidelity of
instruction and student performance/evaluation.
- Observing, evaluating and reporting staff and student
performance and development.
- Maintaining accurate and complete records of students' progress
and development, updating all necessary records accurately and
completely as required by law, Ombudsman policies and district
- Compiling and analyzing assessment data to measure student
growth, guide instruction and/or academic intervention for each
student and site.
- Modeling and overseeing the implementation of ChanceLight
identified instructional practices and strategies that facilitate
active learning experiences and support the instructional vision
for the site.
- Managing student behavior in the center by embracing the
Ombudsman philosophy and policies, and applying appropriate
disciplinary measures when necessary. Perform duties including but
not limited to student support, counseling students with academic
problems and providing student encourage.
- Participating in the assurance and accreditation processes to
ensure that the site passes or meets performance.
- Keeping up to date with research-based practices and
developments in subject area, resources, and professional
development, including but not limited to organization-wide
initiatives such as CPI.
- Providing, soliciting and responding constructively to formal
and informal feedback.
- Working collaboratively with site team, field level support and
national support for the good of the organization.? Qualifications
- Bachelors degree or higher in education or related field.
- Minimum 5yrs prior experience working in an alternative
secondary education program setting.
- Minimum 2yrs prior experience working in an education
leadership role (i.e. head of school, director, administrator, or
- Meet state teacher licensing and/or certification
- Active school administrator and/or principal credentials.
Ombudsman Educational Services is a division of Chancelight
Education, the nations leading provider of alternative and special
education programs for children and young adults. For more than 45
years, and in partnership with over 235 school districts
nationwide, we have helped change the direction of more than
240,000 student lives!???? Learn more about our history, our
mission and the program services we provide by visiting the links
As a member of the Chancelight family
you will be provided with the opportunity to make meaningful
impacts, the support needed to achieve success, and all the tools
essential to reaching personal & professional fulfillment!?
Additional Perks and Benefits Include:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Virtual Medical Visits
- Health Savings Account
- Paid Time Off
- School Hours and Paid Holiday Schedule
- Company Paid Life & Disability Insurance
- 401k Options
- Legal Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Opportunities for Growth & Development
- And So Much More!If you're ready to start changing the
direction of students' lives by providing them the opportunity to
create successful, independent futures this is your Chance!Join us
and start making a genuine difference in the lives of children
today!Chancelight Careers ???? Work. With Purpose.
- Bachelors or better in Education or related fieldLicenses &
- General Administration
- Has License/CredentialingEqual Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Ombudsman Educational Services LTD, Phoenix , Education Program Director, Education / Teaching , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!