Early Learning Center Teacher (Age 2-3 Years)
Company: UCP of Central Arizona
Posted on: January 27, 2023
UCP of Central Arizona Laura Dozer Main Campus - Phoenix, AZ
High School Diploma
--Safety Sensitive Position--
A teacher is responsible for the general supervision and management
of a preschool group of children, using developmentally appropriate
UCP is looking for teachers to join our Early Learning Center Team!
UCP Early Learning Center (ELC) is a Quality First 5-Star and
National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
accredited program that is looking for teachers who have a heart to
help children with disabilities and without in an inclusive
environment. The Laura Dozer campus has a beautiful playground and
a garden for the older classrooms.
A teacher will collaborate with other professionals including a
Quality-First Coach. Teachers will work with Inclusion Coaches,
Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapists and Speech- Language
Therapists to achieve integrated approach for children receiving
therapies to support children with special needs.
Essential Classroom Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize and implement monthly and daily developmentally
appropriate curriculum for young children in conjunction with lead
- Assist lead teacher in planning of weekly lesson plan and daily
- Assist the lead teacher in the assessment of the skills and
progress of each child in own group.
- Responsible for the daily maintenance of children's rosters,
changing logs and daily reports.
- Responsible for assisting in maintaining current displays of
children's work and monthly classroom bulletin boards with
depictions that reflect an anti-bias curriculum and multi-cultural
- Interact with the children, with respect, affection, and at
their eye level.
- Use appropriate guidance techniques with children, defining and
maintaining, clear, consistent and fair limits for classroom
behavior, using redirection and encouragement of appropriate
- Establish and maintain regular communication with children's
- Maintain 24 hours of trainings within a 12 month period,
including, but not limited to: Infant & Child First Aid and CPR,
universal precautions, child health and safety, child growth and
development, child guidance, child care environment and other
- Maintain current training in pediatric CPR & First Aid, and
- Responsible for assisting in carrying out proper fire drill and
- Help in maintaining required staff-to-children ratios,
supervising within sight & sound of enrolled children.
- Participation in ELC Strategic planning process.
- As a mandated reporter, report any suspected or alleged child
abuse or neglect.
- Maintain toys, materials and equipment in clean and sanitary
condition by following the posted disinfecting schedule.
- Maintain personal hygiene standards.
- Serve meals in accordance with CACFP Guidelines
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrate UCP's Values
Minimum Education and Experience:
- High school diploma
- At least six months early childhood education experience in a
licensed childcare facility.
- 24 credit hours from an accredited college, including at least
12 credit hours of coursework in early childhood or child
development and/or at least twelve months early childhood education
experience in a licensed child care facility.
- AA degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development and
at least eighteen months early childhood education experience in a
licensed childcare facility.
- Class I Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Negative results of a Mantoux TB test
- Maricopa County Food Handler Certification
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Immunization verification
- Child development.
- Developmentally appropriate practice.
- Appropriate guidance techniques.
- Inclusion practices for children with special needs.
- Curriculum planning and implementation.
- Child assessment methods.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- AZ DHS Child care licensing rules and regulations.
- AZ First Things First.
- Embrace new ideas
- Plan and implement developmentally appropriate curriculum.
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of staff, parents and
children, both orally and in writing.
- Bend, kneel or crouch in order to lift children and work on the
- Be available for assigned but flexible weekly schedule.
- Attend meetings, trainings and UCP Learning Center events as
The physical requirements described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is
required to sit, stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move)
medium to heavy weights up to 50 pounds. Must be able to bend,
kneel, squat, walk and run. Requires good hand-eye coordination,
arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and
visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read ,
adequate hearing to perform job duties in person and over the
In accordance with UCP guidelines, it is necessary for employees to
complete a series of trainings to meet the criteria for this
position. The training department will provide a specific
departmental guide for these requirements including additional
UCP of Central Arizona is committed to fostering, cultivating and
preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our human capital
is the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the
individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness,
innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that
our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of
not only our culture, but our reputation and UCP's achievement as
well. UCP of Central Arizona is a Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: UCP of Central Arizona, Phoenix , Early Learning Center Teacher (Age 2-3 Years), Education / Teaching , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!