Receptionist, School (Cheatham)
Company: Laveen Elementary School District #59
Posted on: September 23, 2022
QUALIFICATIONS: Prefer high school diploma, or equivalent.
Bilingual preferred. REPORTS TO: Principal JOB GOAL: To provide
friendly and efficient receptionist services. PERFORMANCE
- Answers multi-line telephone system for the purpose of
screening calls, transferring calls, responding to inquiries and/or
- Provide a positive district image for all visitors and
personnel who desire information and/or services.
- Greets public, parents, students, vendors, etc. for the purpose
of responding to their inquiries and/or escorting/directing them to
- Provide assistance in routine departmental office
- Distributes a variety of items within the site (e.g. special
delivery and overnight mail/packages, messages, etc.) for the
purpose of disseminating materials to appropriate parties.
- Maintains materials and information within reception area (e.g.
notices, marquee, etc.) for the purpose of providing information to
employees and visitors.
- Assist with student enrollments and withdrawls when
- Manage student record request.
- Cover for behavior monitor, attendance clerk, and health
- Manage parental consent title compact and medical forms.
- Perform other job duties assigned. COMPETENCIES:
- Perform basic math, including calculations using fractions,
percents, and/or ratios.
- Read a variety of manuals; writes documents following
prescribed formats, and/or present information to others.
- Understand, multi-step written and oral instructions.
- Specific knowledge-based competencies required to
satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include:
accounting/bookkeeping principles; and office
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional situations;
Responds promptly to student, staff, and public needs.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; Creates and
maintains a positive and conducive work environment.
- Oral Communication - Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Edits work for spelling and
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural
- Ethics - Treats people with respect.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful and positive
- Safety and Security - Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence,
- Ability to write correspondence.
- Ability to work with a variety of people and maintain
confidentiality of information. TECHNOLOGY SKILLS:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have
knowledge of Internet and district software, and Microsoft office
(Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, and other appropriate
- The ability to type 50 wpm.
- Knowledge of appropriate business machines and telephones.
- Monitor special system(s), not limited to, including security
and fire alarm systems. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25
pounds. In addition, some carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some
stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant
fine finger dexterity.
- The usual and customary methods of performing the job's
functions require the following physical demands: requires sitting,
walking, and standing.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision and distance vision. TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Ten-month, employee pay and benefits in accordance with Board
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- Part Time Employee Benefits: employee pay and benefits in
accordance with Board policy. EVALUATION:
- Performance to be evaluated in accordance with the Board policy
on evaluation of support personnel.
Primary Location: Cheatham Elementary School
Shift Type: Full-Time (FTE 1.0)
Job Contact Information Name Title Phone Email
Applications will be accepted beginning
Wednesday, August 17, 2022 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)
Keywords: Laveen Elementary School District #59, Phoenix , Receptionist, School (Cheatham), Administration, Clerical , Laveen, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!