Billing Specialist - Abrazo Heart Institute - Phoenix
Posted on: September 15, 2019
SummarySupport billing and collections functions of the medical
- Enter charges in a timely manner.
- File claims and run/work audit trails daily
- Process ERAs, payments, and adjustments
- Balance daily activity
- Prepare and send Batch Cover Sheet to Director and
- Ensure that front office staff properly collects copays and
balances due at time of service by auditing patient financial data
up to 2 days before visit
- Review/work delinquent insurance and patient balances Work
- Run reports as requested by management or accounting
EducationRequired: High school diploma/GED required
Preferred: Completion billing or coding programExperienceRequired:
Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience working in medical
- Knowledge of Accounts Receivable collection process
- Knowledge of the Red Flag rules
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Systems
- Knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT codes
- Knowledge of the policies and procedures of the organization to
complete billing tasks within compliance of the organization.
- Skill in multi-tasking.
- Skill in customer service.
- Skill in computer hardware and software use.
- Skill in verbal and written communication.
- Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment,
discretion, and decision-making to achieve organizational
- Skill in analyzing situations accurately and taking effective
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working
relationships with employees, policy-making bodies, third-party
payers, patients, and the public.
- Skill in organizing work, making assignments, and achieving
goals and objectives.
- Skill in exercising judgment and discretion in developing,
applying, interpreting, and coordinating departmental policies and
- Ability to multi-task, manage details and organize efficiently
- Ability to read, interpret, and apply policies and
- Ability to set priorities among multiple requests.
- Ability to interact with patients, medical and administrative
staff, and the public effectively.
- Ability to use EMR, other relevant computer hardware and
software, telephone, copier, fax machine and other standard medical
office equipment. EquipmentOperated: Standard office equipment
including computers, fax machines,copiers, printers, telephones,
Job: Clerical/AdministrativePrimary Location: Phoenix,
ArizonaFacility: Staff Abrazo Medical GroupJob Type: Full-timeShift
Keywords: Tenet, Phoenix , Billing Specialist - Abrazo Heart Institute - Phoenix, Accounting, Auditing , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!