Senior Mechanical Engineer
Company: McKinstry Company
Posted on: August 17, 2019
At McKinstry, we re proud to be a collective group of innovators
and problem solvers, builders and engineers, mentors and students.
We strive to create a safe and engaging work environment that
empowers you to do the work you are passionate about.
We believe deeply that energy and facility services, engineering
and construction are revolutionizing the built environment and if
you re driven by our mission to transform ideas into meaningful
relationships and together, build a thriving planet, McKinstry may
be the place for you. Serving our community together is one of the
ways we at McKinstry put our shared purpose into action.
Total collaboration and a diverse, employee-centric work experience
are what we can provide you. Integrated delivery and true
consultative partnership is what you will help us provide for our
clients. Our culture is what differentiates us and because of this,
we seek exceptional talent that believes what we believe.
Here\'s where you come in:
We are currently seeking a Senior Engineer to join our team as a
member of our growing Rocky Mountain division in Phoenix,
You\'re great at:
* Exercises global decision making by considering other departments
within the company such as project management, sales and
estimating, accounting, purchasing, etc.
* Plans for, schedules, supervises, delegates, and provides
feedback to members of design and engineering team.
* Refines management skills to assess in advance the need for
additional staff to complete design work on schedule.
* Coordinates with construction managers to review the project as
the design develops.
* Conducts biannual goal plan reviews for all members of design
* Assists in planning and leading training sessions for design
* Supervises construction administration activities on
* Monitors project s design budgets
* Helps project managers identify potential design change orders by
tracking project scope through all milestones.
* Documents project correspondence, issues, decisions and
* Archives projects according to engineering administrative
* Confirms and documents existing site conditions.
* Includes existing comfort and maintenance issues
* Foresees potential future issues based on previous projects
* Proposes recommendations to optimize energy efficiency
* Control strategies
* Equipment replacement
* System modifications
* Implementation of innovative technologies.
* Coordinates with sales leads, cost estimators, Project Manager s
and detailing on the development of design projects.
* Ability to support sales efforts and provide engineering analysis
to support sales.
* Actively participates in the early phase of designs. Includes
brainstorming to challenge the design concepts and develop
innovative design approaches.
* Establishes and maintains design best practices including: Design
Standards, Standardized Details and Standardized Materials
* Develops initiatives and strategies to promote and maintain the
success of the business unit.
* Completes designs with a level of quality in the design documents
that leads to a minimum amount of clarification required during
* Prepares design budget proposals for a variety of project types
that appropriately reflect the effort required on any given
* Takes control and ownership of design, equipment selection,
assessment of owner needs, and initiating development of an overall
* Ability to coordinate with design teams on structural
architectural, civil, electrical, and energy.
* Performs a variety of early design tasks to help teams determine
a preferred project direction.
* Plans, schedules, supervises and delegates to other design
* Attends early meetings with owners/developers/general
* Establishes a line of communication with customers and upper
* Works with internal and external customers.
* Enhances departments and organizations reputations by
participates in professional groups critical to the HVAC
What we would like to see from you:
* Bachelor s degree in mechanical engineering or engineering
required or equivalent work experience required.
* P.E. registration is required.
* Eight (8) years of experience in mechanical design, engineering
or related field required.
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Outlook, and Visio required
* Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit required.
* Working knowledge of Energy model results analysis required.
* Working knowledge of Total Cost of Ownership and or Life Cycle
Cost Analysis required.
* Experience in managing a design team is preferred.
* LEED AP preferred.
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital
status, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other
basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment,
advancement, assignment, and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through
recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all
backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that
it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been
the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity
is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as
a social responsibility and as an economic and business
McKinstry is a drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon
successfully passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test,
complying with the requirements of the Immigration Reform and
Control Act and a Confidentiality Agreement, in addition to
successful outcomes of background and reference checks.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment
Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human
Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
* Back Share
Keywords: McKinstry Company, Phoenix , Senior Mechanical Engineer, Accounting, Auditing , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!