Senior Lead Auditor
Company: Wells Fargo
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Job DescriptionAt Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers
financial needs and help them succeed financially. Were looking for
talented people who will put our customers at the center of
everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where youll
feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding
talent. It all begins with you.
Audit Services conducts audits and reports the results of our work
to the Audit & Examinations Committee of the Board of Directors. We
provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services
delivered through a highly competent and diverse team. As a
business partner, Audit helps the Company accomplish its objectives
by bringing a systematic disciplined approach to evaluate and
improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and
Audit Services is separated into individual audit teams, each led
by an Executive Audit Director (EAD). These teams include:
- Corporate Risk and Capital Management, (CRCM) which is
comprised of Operational Risk, Compliance Risk, Enterprise Risk,
Credit Risk, Model Risk, Capital Adequacy, Basel, and Capital
Regulatory Reporting teams.
- Consumer Banking Audit Team (CBAT), supporting consumer
businesses, payments, virtual solutions, and innovation. Also
includes the Remediation Coverage Program, driving remediation
activities across WFAS.
- Enterprise Technology Audit Group (ETAG), supporting
information technology and security across the company- for team
members and customers.
- Enterprise Functions, which is comprised Finance & Corporate
Activities (FCA), supporting Resolution and Recovery Planning,
Corporate Treasury, Accounting and Financial Reporting and
Regulatory Reporting and Conduct and Sales Practices (CSP).
- Financial Crimes Audit Team (FiCAT), supporting compliance for
Bank Secrecy Act, Anti- Money Laundering, Fraud and Global
- Shared Services Audit Team (SSAT), supporting cross-functional
activities, including enterprise testing, data innovations and data
- Strategy & Operations (SAOG), provides operations,
infrastructure, guidance, support, development and strategy for all
- Wealth and Investment Management (WIM), supporting business
lines supporting affluent advising, lending, fiduciary, and
- Wholesale Banking (WHLS), supporting business lines supporting
middle-market, corporate, and institutional businesses.
We offer traditional audit roles on our various line of business
teams and non-traditional roles that support teams through audit
professional practices, coverage coordination, subject matter
expertise, and methodology change groups. While audit skills are a
primary need, teams also seek potential candidates who can
demonstrate subject matter knowledge of Regulatory Compliance
including BSA/AML, Basel, operational risk, data analytics, credit
functions, stress testing, model risk, customer remediation, and
Information Technology General Controls (ITGC).
- Leads execution of the audit process primarily as auditor
in-charge and may participate in audit testing to provide subject
matter knowledge and skills.
- Identifies and assesses key risks and controls and develops
effective test plans for engagements as assigned with limited
- Exhibits appropriate judgment regarding issue notification,
prepares draft findings to line of business management, and drafts
final audit reports for review by the Engagement Supervisor and
Senior Audit Manager.
- Demonstrates depth and breadth of knowledge of business lines
including operational, financial, regulatory, and technology
- Utilizes knowledge that expands across multiple businesses and
in subject matter areas.
- Leads projects ranging in size and complexity based upon level
of experience. Evaluates and provides appropriate solutions for
- Demonstrates professional skepticism.
- Presents audit results in an objective and unbiased
- Writes opinions reflecting relevant facts that lead to logical
- Escalates significant risk exposures to appropriate levels of
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the
following: audit, control testing, control and risk identification,
or audit analysis
- Audit experience at a financial institution or accounting
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Ability to obtain or currently hold one or more of the
following certifications: CIA, CISA, CPA, CAMS, or CRCM
- Solid knowledge and understanding of audit methodologies and
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across
all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and
adaptability are important
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment
while balancing multiple priorities
- Solid problem solving skills
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience leading and providing feedback to staff on audit
projects or engagements. Similar to Auditor in Charge
- Specialization in areas such as Regulatory Compliance including
BSA/AML, Basel, operational risk, data analytics, credit functions,
stress testing, model risk, customer remediation work, and
Information Technology General Controls (ITGC).
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
Street AddressNC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
IA-West Des Moines: 800 S Jordan Creek Pkwy - West Des Moines,
CO-Denver: 1700 Lincoln St - Denver, CO
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
AZ-PHX-Central Phoenix: 100 W Washington St - Phoenix, AZ
PA-Philadelphia: 1 S Broad St - Philadelphia, PA
CA-SF-Financial District: 420 Montgomery - San Francisco, CA
TX-San Antonio: 4101 Wiseman Blvd - San Antonio, TX
MO-Saint Louis: 2801 Market St - Saint Louis, MODisclaimerAll
offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the
candidate having successfully completed a criminal background
check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of
the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and
transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual
Keywords: Wells Fargo, Phoenix , Senior Lead Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!