Senior Labor Relations Consultant
Company: Banner Health
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Help move health care into the future. At Banner Health we are changing health care to make the experience the best it can be. If that sounds like something you want to be part of, apply today.
In this dynamic hybrid role you will be proactively identifying areas of culture concern and working with leaders and HR Partners to proactively improve employee relations, this includes:
As the ideal candidate you would be based in Northern Colorado or Arizona.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
This position participates in driving workforce engagement, culture development and talent management strategies across Banner and their respective business in partnership with the broader Human Resource organization. Leverages metrics, data, and analytics for solutions that drive high levels of leadership effectiveness, employee engagement and overall performance. Functions as the feedback loop to ensure local/system engagement and effectiveness strategies are communicated consistently. Consults and advises business leaders on broad workforce and environment issues that impact engagement, retention, and overall business performance and results.
1. Participates in the planning, development and implementation of critical positive workforce engagement and labor relations strategies and tactics to enhance organizational effectiveness. Using knowledge of best practice engagement strategies and tactics in developing culture, recommending development of key workforce solutions, positive employee relations and leadership development.
2. Plans and aligns an ongoing, interactive process with leaders and field HR partners in the development and implementation of innovative strategies leading to positive workforce outcomes around employee engagement, leadership effectiveness and retention. Partners to design feedback loops with internal customers to support the continuous improvement of stakeholder engagement activities.
3. Proactively collects, analyzes, interprets and prepares data on labor activity to include qualitative/quantitative vulnerability data and assessments, internal surveys, monitoring external labor trends and threats, and translating into actionable information that can be used to establish/adjust strategies and result in best-in-class approaches for problem-solving to improve the working environment for all employees.
4. Builds effective high, performing teams acting as the lead responsible for creating appropriate solutions while building strong business relationships, continuously but collaboratively representing the proactive business perspective in the design, two way communication, and implementation of all HR programs with other segments of the HR team. Effectively assesses organizational talent helping others to do the same in an aim to ultimately drive positive outcomes for the organization.
5. In collaboration with HR/legal partners, designs and delivers effective and comprehensive engagement/leader effectiveness/labor relations training and development.
6. Ability to excel in a highly matrixed organization to establish performance measures, assess and evaluate operations, and work with leadership to assure efficient and effective delivery of clinical and non-clinical services that drive us to an integrated delivery network. Updates job knowledge by tracking changes in labor laws including National Labor Relations Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Family and Medical Leave Act, and collective bargaining trends; attending educational workshops as appropriate; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
7. The position promotes system consistency while addressing unique business issues for assigned business groups. This position requires the skill to influence management at all levels in the creation of an environment of choice in a fast paced environment. This role faces unpredictable situations that may have significant financial and exposure for Banner's brand. This role may be responsible for coordinating services with other administrators, internal legal counsel, executives, and other staff. This position has constant contact with leaders, staff members, division and department heads, and medical staff that drives system integration. Customers of this position are both internal and external, including leadership, staff, physicians, medical staff, regulatory agencies, and community partners.
Strong knowledge of human resources and business as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor Degree in Business, Human Resources Management or related discipline.
Requires extensive knowledge and background in positive employee/labor relations strategies, workforce engagement, talent optimization, retention and coaching. Also an operating knowledge in the areas of planning, developing, training, budgeting and organizing programs and services, typically acquired through a minimum of three years of progressively responsible human resources management experience is essential. Extensive experience in a large, complex, highly-matrixed, multi-site organization staffed by professionals in multiple disciples. Proven experience in leading best-in-class HR organizational practices. Experience in organizational settings comprised of diverse missions and economic drivers. Knowledge and thorough understanding of rules and regulations governing employment law and the health care business. Skilled in leading a best-in-class HR organization and practices; effectively handling multiple conflicting assignments, demands, and priorities with great attention to detail;. Excellent human relations, organizational and communication skills are essential. Demonstrates conflict management skills tactfully navigating and advocating while building trust and bringing clarity to conversations. Has an understanding of the business strategy and overall vision of the organization, practicing at the top of their capability. Possesses strong business acumen, knows how the businesses works and is knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting the organization as a whole. Leadership style and characteristics necessary to effectively perform in this role include: strong work ethic; results-oriented; persuasive and influential; inspirational; able to make rational decisions in complex and ambiguous situations; highly visible; honorable; self-confident and humble; systems-thinker; innovative; life-long learner; courageous; high-energy; integrity; collaborator; ability to work with diverse stakeholders; strong listener; values multiple disciplines and diversity; and passionate about continuously improving and providing high quality care and service excellence to consumers and employees.
Labor Relations experience preferred. Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification preferred. Master's Degree preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Our organization supports a drug-free work environment.
Keywords: Banner Health, Phoenix , Senior Labor Relations Consultant, Accounting, Auditing , Phoenix, Arizona
here to apply!