Company: Global Roofing Group
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Controller We are hiring a controller in our Phoenix, Arizona
office. Global is looking for someone who is experienced in
financial and team management for a large organization, preferably
in the construction industry. Why Global Roofing Group Global
Roofing Group is different than most commercial roofing
contractors. We have created core values that focus on supporting
our staff members with their personal and professional all around
health, wellness, and goals. About Us Global Roofing Group is a
leading global Roofing contractor providing service to commercial,
industrial and apartment buildings. In operation since 1971, we
have worked with every roof system and application. We are
headquartered in Phoenix with six additional offices across
Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, Texas, and Utah Qualifications
- Candidate must be a team player that is flexible,
collaborative, optimistic, cooperative, and self-motivated with a
desire to excel in a fast-paced, goal driven work environment.
- Must possess project and time management skills with
demonstrated ability to reliably meet deadlines with an attention
to detail and an extremely high level of accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage
well at all levels of the organization and with staff at various
locations is required.
- Mentoring direct reports to grow in their roles &
responsibilities as the company continues to grow.
- Must have excellent management and supervisory skills and be
able to understand and apply the economics, accounting and finance
principles associated with a construction business and associated
reporting and financial statements.
- Strong technical skills, including Excel, Google Sheets, and
robust understanding of database-powered ERP systems.
- 4-year degree in Accounting or Finance required. CPA or MBA
- 5 years of progressive management experience required, with a
minimum of 3 years of experience working for a contractor.
- Oversee accounts payable, accounts receivable, work in
progress, fixed assets, and payroll.
- Maintain job cost systems and interface with Project Management
team to accurately invoice and collect A/R ensuring timely
collection and proper documentation. Supervise the payment process
to vendors and subcontractors and confirm lien waivers are properly
- Responsible for overseeing all aspects of month-end close and
general ledger functions in accordance with GAAP rules and
requirements. Reconcile cash and other balance sheet accounts
- Support the preparation of the monthly financial statements and
a quarterly comprehensive financial reporting package, including
detailed management discussion and analyses. Analyze monthly
financial statements and ensure financial metrics are tracked and
compared to initial estimates to identify trends that should be
brought to the attention of the executive team.
- Oversee cash management including monitoring cash balances and
preparing cashflow forecasts.
- Create budgets with ownership and manage budgets to ensure
fiscal health and responsibility. Oversee the monthly job cost
report process with leadership and project managers for use in
creating and updating contract schedules and updated work in
progress reports for internal and external use.
- Develop, analyze, and implement strong internal and financial
controls that safeguard Company assets and follow best practices.
Support the development of financial models to assist the executive
team in making informed business decisions.
- Maintain strong relationships with Company's bank, CPA,
Insurance Agents, and other professionals. Coordinate year end
audit and Company's tax filing with outside CPA firm. Oversee and
work closely with executive team to prepare for insurance renewals
and complete annual insurance audits. Compensation
- Salary position - paid weekly
- $120,000 - $150,000 annual salary decided on experience
- Monday - Friday in office Benefits
- No cost individual health care plan for ALL employees
- Supplemental insurance options: Dental, Vision, Short- and
long-term Disability, Hospital Coverage, Accident Insurance, and
- Employer sponsored 401(k) Savings Plan
- Paid time off
Keywords: Global Roofing Group, Phoenix , Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!