Financial Aid Officer
Company: Arizona College of Nursing
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionArizona College of Nursing is a rapidly growing,
nursing school that transforms people's lives by preparing them for
careers in nursing and improving communities through the care its
graduates provide. As a leading nurse educator, Arizona College of
Nursing offers students the opportunity to earn a bachelor's in
nursing in 3 years or less with qualified transfer credits. Our
quality nursing curriculum prepares students for an in-demand
career to help communities overcome the chronic, well-known, and
increasing nursing shortage. Through the execution of a targeted
growth strategy, the college plans to meet the growing demand for
nurses by launching campuses in markets where bachelor's prepared
nurses are needed. Putting students first, we are dedicated to
providing students with an exceptional education in growing
healthcare fields; teaching them relevant, required skills for
today and the future. Our culture is positive, supportive, and
collaborative. As a team, we continually embrace our core
values:Passion: We love helping others succeed.Excellence: We
strive to be the best.Adaptability: We learn, in part by trying new
ideas.Accountability: We own our results.Integrity: We do the right
thing.Reporting to the National Director, Financial Aid, the main
responsibility of this role is assisting Eduvision, Inc. dba
Arizona College of Nursing ("College") continuing students in all
aspects of the Financial Aid ("FA") process and to ensure those
students receive the best counseling regarding their ongoing
funding available to them and that all funding is processing
accurately and timely to allow for their matriculation into
subsequent terms/award years.What You'll Do:
- Provide excellent customer service to students, internal
customers, and external customers.
- Determine continuing students' eligibility for Title IV
funding, institutional loans, agency assistance, scholarships, and
Federal Work Study for all terms within their program.
- Engage with each student to understand their individual
situation and ensure that each student's funding is appropriate and
properly packaged. This includes initial subsequent year repacks
and any adjustments required to aid as students matriculate through
- Ensure all required documentation is on file and that files are
complete before submitting them to quality assurance.
- Resolve financial aid exceptions within five (5) business
- Respond to all student inquiries within 48 hours.
- Support students as needed throughout the financial aid
- Partner with other departments to ensure students receive
support needed beyond Financial Aid.
- Assist the student in understanding the impact of leaves of
absences and other schedule changes on their Financial Aid.
- Collaborate with the Bursars office and National Director of
Financial aid on past due accounts or students with incomplete aid
to determine when students can continue or must be held from
- Meet weekly productivity goals.Other duties as assigned.What We
Need From You:
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent work
- Minimum of three years' financial aid experience or equivalent
skills and experience required.
- A professional demeanor and a customer service mindset.
- A high degree of professionalism and discretion when dealing
with confidential information.
- Exceptional ability to organize, prioritize, and multi-task in
an extremely dynamic environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills to include knowledge of MS Office
(Word, Excel, Outlook, and SharePoint).
- Proficiency in the Spanish language is preferable, but not
requiredPhysical Demands:The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.Light to Moderate
Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a
negligible amount of force frequently to move objects.Visual
Acuity: Position requires close visual acuity to perform activities
(i.e., preparing/analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing
a computer monitor; extensive reading; visual inspection involving
small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines; using
measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at
distances close to the eyes). Work Environment: Moderate noise.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Arizona College of Nursing, Phoenix , Financial Aid Officer, Accounting, Auditing , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!