GL Accounting Operations Analyst
Company: MUFG in the Americas
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group
(MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by
S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 13,000
colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client,
organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values,
developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect.
It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and
diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and
agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by
asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and
be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Responsible for complex projects associated with the interpretation
and compliance of regulatory changes. Recommend, develop and
coordinate system or procedure changes. Provide work direction to
- Prepare in-depth financial analysis that requires
interpretation of data, and the ability to investigate and research
- Provide analysis of the effects of changes to the
- Provide information for financial decision support to
- Provide input to manager regarding adherence to effective
accounting principles, control and compliance to regulatory
- Develop data to comply with regulatory reports.
- Provide assistance in researching, developing, and implementing
accounting policies, procedures and objectives.
- Research, develop and implement accounting policies, procedures
- Examine overall financial documentation of complex transactions
to ensure accuracy, reasonableness and completeness.
- Review and analyze financial publication and regulatory
requirements to stay abreast of changes.
- Education: Accounting degree (BA, BS, and/or Masters)
- CPAs (or CPA-eligible) preferred, but not required
- Experience: 0 to 4 years, which may include accounting and/or
financial services internships or prior full-time work
- General ledger experience
- Month-end / quarter-end close
- Journal entry preparation
- Financial and regulatory reporting
- Internal control frameworks
- Bring a positive, collaborative attitude, in order to:
- Build cross-functional partnerships
- Communicate effectively (both verbally and in writing) with
various levels of management
- Contribute constructively to the development of the group's
- Improve processes by applying practical judgment
- Create solutions when requirements are ambiguous or
- Work independently, with strong attention to detail, in order
- Prepare various monthly, quarterly, and annual
- Demonstrate an ownership mentality by being responsible and
accountable for the quality and timeliness of assigned
- Prior experience using Microsoft Office products including
Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and
skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action
Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds,
perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create
opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not
discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as
the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of
violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment
decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire
into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made.
Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have
been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain
Keywords: MUFG in the Americas, Phoenix , GL Accounting Operations Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!